• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

It's a win for Sadiq Khan either way.... if his ULEZ expansion plans are blocked by central government, he will be able to continue and blame them for all his failures, just as he did with the rise in street crime (claimg that the government cut the Met budget etc).

It's a win for Sadiq Khan either way.... if his ULEZ expansion plans are blocked by central government, he will be able to continue and blame them for all his failures, just as he did with the rise in street crime (claimg that the government cut the Met budget etc).
Interesting to see Surrey County Council have thrown their hat in the ring.

This morning it was raining a little so instead of cycling I walked to the station which took about 8 minutes.

I bought myself a tea and waited 3 minutes until my 0658 train arrived. It was clean, warm and probably half full.

It got me into Farringdon at 0721 where I changed onto the Elizabeth Line to Bond St. I got into work just before 0740.

A totally stress free journey and if I did the same journey leaving at the same time in the car it would’ve taken twice as long and I’d have to pay congestion charge and parking.

It’s a no brainer, public transport in London is good and people use it.
So from the above it tells me you have an office job and at best carry some sort of bag to work. Now swap your position with a tradesman who has to carry tools and equipment to carry out their job to earn an honest living. Said tradesman may have a permanent site or carry out multiple visits in a day. Doesn't quite work getting public transport does it

So from the above it tells me you have an office job and at best carry some sort of bag to work. Now swap your position with a tradesman who has to carry tools and equipment to carry out their job to earn an honest living. Said tradesman may have a permanent site or carry out multiple visits in a day. Doesn't quite work getting public transport does it
Leadroofer here mate. Been doing it since 1988 and always worked in London and have got no problems getting my tools on my back.

I know plenty more tradesmen doing the same.

Some people absolutely need to use their cars, sure. But I suspect that this minority of tradesmen, disabled, etc, is used as a fig leave by those who simply prefer the comfort of their own cars. This latter group probably constitutes the majority of private vehicles that you see enter our city centres every morning during week days.

The guy out the back of me burns wood.

The street stinks when he has it on and depending on how the wind is there can sometimes be a big smog of smoke that hangs around at ground level.

It is really bad and i think he burns things he shouldn't such as treated pallets etc.

I would like to stuff a watermelon down his chimney
Unfortunately more people are buying log burners now because of the price of gas and electric - the government need to do something about it.

Unfortunately more people are buying log burners now because of the price of gas and electric - the government need to do something about it.
It’s an awful situation and it appears that people are being screwed from all directions.

There's legislation in place, but it's nigh-on impossible to enforce it. Councils (rightly) just don't have the powers to enter and search people's home, and it can be very difficult to know what's being burnt just by the smoke (if you can see it - which you probably won't be able to after dark anyway).

Maybe the planes are contributing more to particulates than previously thought...

Interestingly, I carried out a little experiment. Looked on a car sales site for an older car which was Euro 6 compliant diesel and input the registration inot the check my car gov site. Bristol will still charge the low emissions charge. All about revenue.

Th
Interestingly, I carried out a little experiment. Looked on a car sales site for an older car which was Euro 6 compliant diesel and input the registration inot the check my car gov site. Bristol will still charge the low emissions charge. All about revenue.
They’re can’t wait to fleece the motorists.

Maybe the planes are contributing more to particulates than previously thought...

One more reason why I wouldn't want to live near an airport... on top of the noise, the traffic congestion, the cowboy parking companies... now also oil droplets in the air? No thank you.

One more reason why I wouldn't want to live near an airport... on top of the noise, the traffic congestion, the cowboy parking companies... now also oil droplets in the air? No thank you.
Living near Heathrow wasn’t bad in the 90s and 2000s. Hundreds of houses got new roofs by Richardson Roofing thanks to the CAA.

Plenty of leadwork too. 😎😎

Living near Heathrow wasn’t bad in the 90s and 2000s. Hundreds of houses got new roofs by Richardson Roofing thanks to the CAA.

Plenty of leadwork too. 😎😎

Talking of roofs... I forgot to add to my list ice blocks falling of planes before landing, as well as chemical toilets bags, and on rare occasions also stowaways..... 😱

Talking of roofs... I forgot to add to my list ice blocks falling of planes before landing, as well as chemical toilets bags, and on rare occasions also stowaways..... 😱
I remember one chap who fell out from the undercarriage of a plane and landed in the Homebase car park it Richmond. We were working nearby. Poor bloke.

If only there was some way of forcing accountability on elected politicians. Pressure from other politicians, the press, the civil service and the law.

Still, I guess we get what we voted for.

I wondered how long it would be before he had his hand out.

Next step will be to blame the government for the ill-effects of his policy.
Bloke is a ponce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom