• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

You‘ve had your years of cost savings over those of us who chose not to go the diesel route, so now it’s time to financially cough up - before even more of us are medically coughing. Swings and roundabouts.
Are you suggesting the high excess deaths the UK is currently experiencing is due to pre Euro 6 diesel vehicles emissions?

To my knowledge there has only ever been a single case where ambient exhaust pollution was cited as a cause on a UK issued death certificate, and in that case it was notable that other pre existing comorbidities were also stated.

Last edited:
Ulez camera locations -

Are you suggesting the high excess deaths the UK is currently experiencing is due to pre Euro 6 diesel vehicles emissions?

To my knowledge there has only ever been a single case where ambient exhaust pollution was cited as a cause on a UK issued death certificate, and in that case it was notable that other pre existing comorbidities were also stated.
No, I’m not suggesting that all deaths are due to old diesels.

Are you suggesting that people with any comorbidities should stay away from roads used by pre Euro 6 diesel vehicles?

No, I’m not suggesting that all deaths are due to old diesels.
So pray tell what exactly are the causes of the current high all cause excess deaths in the UK? Any interest at all?

Any chance people in positions of power like Khan will ever address the actual causes instead of persuing the motorist as an easy cash cow?

Headlines in the mail today that khan and labour are already making plans to charge all vehicles by the mile in London......

What’s that supposed to mean?

I wrote something and then decided to delete it because it's not going to change anybody's mind, so what's the point? I can't really see anybody changing their views, however ridiculous I might think those views are or however much you try to provide evidence or a differing point of view.

Anyway, I have to go fix this parasitic drain on the 2001 Golf which I have to fix up for my dad to replace his non ULEZ compliant car.

Just realised ToeKnee and ToeKneeS in the same thread... that was throwing me off a bit.
Sorry, my bad. When registering I didn’t first check to see if there was an existing member with almost the same name. I’d change mine if I could, but I don’t know how.

I wrote something and then decided to delete it because it's not going to change anybody's mind, so what's the point? I can't really see anybody changing their views, however ridiculous I might think those views are or however much you try to provide evidence or a differing point of view.

Anyway, I have to go fix this parasitic drain on the 2001 Golf which I have to fix up for my dad to replace his non ULEZ compliant car.
I’ve seen you post about this Golf a few times. Just out of interest, does your father drive regularly?

I’ve spoken to a few older folk who automatically worry about the ULEZ scheme, when in reality most of them hardly drive at all. My father is in his 80s and for reasons other than ULEZ no longer drives, but even when he did it was probably only once a week or something anyway. Friend of theirs was concerned about having to enter ULEZ for occasional hospital appointments and I pointed out the reality of £12.50 once a month or whatever really wasn’t going to be an issue and certainly not worth changing car over.

I’m sure you’ve got it all worked out anyway, but just curious :)

As regards conversion costs, a quick google and this is online How Much Does a Euro 6 Conversion Kit Cost? - New Valley News. Priced in Euros although its a Wiltshire/Dorset site. But as said, no reference as to whether DVLA will recognise the conversion and update their databases accordingly.
There is no Euro 5 to Euro 6 conversion kit there. All that is being discussed (or offered (try going further towards buying and the page doesn't exist) is a cheat device to allow engine operation when a NOx sensor has failed combined with the ability to disregard the necessity of AdBlue in the SCR system. Far from cleaning up the vehicle's emissions this will worsen them significantly and, as it is Euro 6 compliant vehicles that have SCR, it is aimed at Euro 6 vehicles not Euro 5.
That web page should apologise to the pixels it disturbed in pursuit of posting utter nonsense.

I’ve seen you post about this Golf a few times. Just out of interest, does your father drive regularly?

I’ve spoken to a few older folk who automatically worry about the ULEZ scheme, when in reality most of them hardly drive at all. My father is in his 80s and for reasons other than ULEZ no longer drives, but even when he did it was probably only once a week or something anyway. Friend of theirs was concerned about having to enter ULEZ for occasional hospital appointments and I pointed out the reality of £12.50 once a month or whatever really wasn’t going to be an issue and certainly not worth changing car over.

I’m sure you’ve got it all worked out anyway, but just curious :)

It is regular yes, but short distance. Or, it can be sporadic. I’m not 100% if the Golf will be safe and reliable enough but trying my best to get it into reliable shape - as reliable as a 20 year old car can be.

If not he can just have my MB and I’ll have the Golf. I’m exhausted of working on the car (older cars just keep throwing problems at you and I can’t afford the time and money to keep fixing things) so that he has some dignity and doesn’t feel like he’s driving an old banger and I’m also tired of thinking about it all. So if the Golf doesn’t work I’ll just drive it and he can have my car. I’m sick of it all and just want the problems to go away. Obviously older people have personal and familial codependency struggles which add another dimension which are not really taken into account when folks aren’t in that position and can’t empathise and just say ‘just go and buy a 2004 Honda jazz what’s the problem’…

I think it’s worth selling his car now as it’s very low mileage and still worth something, and will only be worth less as time goes on. They need the money. I do appreciate what you're saying though! 👍🏽

Last edited:
Ulez camera locations -

That’s very interesting thanks , I might be able to get to see the Mother in law in my car by avoiding working cameras and saving £12.50 .

Headlines in the mail today that khan and labour are already making plans to charge all vehicles by the mile in London......

Which is a problem for me. Because I'd like to vote for the idea, but I don't like Khan. What do I do? Dilemma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom