• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

ULEZ together with lousy warm, flat, expensive beer, in fact expensive everything,miserable inhabitants and crime rate is just another reason to avoid London. Even Boston,Lincs, has more appeal.
Now that’s seriously pushing the bounds of believability. Boston, Lincs doesn’t have an ounce of appeal.

crime rate is just another reason to avoid London. Even Boston,Lincs, has more appeal
Boston in Lincolnshire is the most murderous place in England and Wales, according to new Home Office figures.

The data showed there were two homicides and eight attempted murders in the port town for the period up to September 2015 - meaning there is a rate of 15 murderous crimes for every 100,000 people.

This is the highest per person rate in England and Wales for the period up to September 2015

The people who are effected enough to be a likely link to bad air is sub 4000 according to figures above..the number dying as a direct result is unknown … There were 23,903 reported collisions in London in 2022, resulting in 101 people being killed
You misunderstood (deliberately?) the earlier figures. “ Imperial College London, globally renowned experts in air quality research, have looked at the health burden of air pollution in London.  Their research found that in 2019, toxic air contributed to the premature deaths of around 4,000 Londoners. “ Nobody said that the 4000 deaths from pollution were solely caused by exhaust emissions from diesel cars, but the total is still way below the number of people you say we’re killed, by a factor of 40! You may be blasé about 4000 deaths a year, even out of a large London population, but many of us aren’t.

You misunderstood (deliberately?) the earlier figures. “ Imperial College London, globally renowned experts in air quality research, have looked at the health burden of air pollution in London.  Their research found that in 2019, toxic air contributed to the premature deaths of around 4,000 Londoners. “ Nobody said that the 4000 deaths from pollution were solely caused by exhaust emissions from diesel cars, but the total is still way below the number of people you say we’re killed, by a factor of 40! You may be blasé about 4000 deaths a year, even out of a large London population, but many of us aren’t.
Living for many years (deliberately) outside my place of birth, I have to say anybody I speak to couldn’t give a monkeys.
Speak for yourself no problem, but don’t make grand assumptions about others.

DM.jpg

Does anyone with at least half a brain think damaging the cameras will reverse the expansion? Not sure what these morons think they are doing. Well apart from committing criminal damage and opening themselves up for prosecution. It’s just disgusting behaviour.

Does anyone with at least half a brain think damaging the cameras will reverse the expansion? Not sure what these morons think they are doing. Well apart from committing criminal damage and opening themselves up for prosecution. It’s just disgusting behaviour.
Just perhaps others might just as strongly disagree with you on the ULEZ expansion.
Just saying. 🤔

Just perhaps others might just as strongly disagree with you on the ULEZ expansion.
Just saying. 🤔
They can disagree, but criminal damage isn’t an acceptable solution. You can’t justify this in any way. 🤦‍♂️

There will always be people who aren’t fans of new policies, if everyone went out committing criminal damage when they didn’t like something, the world would be a horrible place.

The cameras will keep being replaced, perhaps with newer anti-tamper ones - at the tax payers expense.

They can disagree, but criminal damage isn’t an acceptable solution. You can’t justify this in any way. 🤦‍♂️

There will always be people who aren’t fans of new policies, if everyone went out committing criminal damage when they didn’t like something, the world would be a horrible place.
They don’t need justification, just a long set of loppers evidently.

Kahn is desperate to get that London air clean isn’t he? 😏

Mayor deploys fleet of Ulez camera vans to catch drivers
It teaches those committing criminal damage that it’s not an acceptable solution.

Whether they like it or not, the expansion was approved and the high court appeal was lost. Time to just deal with it now.

I still fail to understand all the faff about it personally when the scrappage scheme has been opened up to everyone. Maybe I never will.

It's only a matter of time before it's rolled out full scale across all the major cities as many have already started. I'm not sure this is a tide that one can swim against. It's time has come (un) fortunately.

It's only a matter of time before it's rolled out full scale across all the major cities as many have already started. I'm not sure this is a tide that one can swim against. It's time has come (un) fortunately.
Yep, most large cities have a clean air zone of some kind already.

It teaches those committing criminal damage that it’s not an acceptable solution.

Whether they like it or not, the expansion was approved and the high court appeal was lost. Time to just deal with it now.

I still fail to understand all the faff about it personally when the scrappage schemes been opened up to everyone. Maybe I never will.
Exactly. I felt rather strongly about it myself but upon further research it seems the vast majority of cars are already compliant. Do I think it is fair to those who have to pay? Absolutely not! However, there are lots of other "taxes" that are equally selective and this should be seen in that light. Destruction of the cameras is a just a pointless waste of time and further cost to the public, not Monsieur Khan.

I still fail to understand all the faff about it personally when the scrappage schemes been opened up to everyone. Maybe I never will.
Nobody likes to have their hands forced.

It’s appears to be working in some cases though.
Some people simply don’t like to bend over and take it up the **** though. People obviously feel strongly about this.
I still fail to understand all the faff about it personally when the scrappage scheme has been opened up to everyone. Maybe I never will.
Luckily we’re all different.

...Whether they like it or not, the expansion was approved and the high court appeal was lost. Time to just deal with it now....

There's a thought. Why don't Remainers start tearing down customs boots at our borders?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom