• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

You say that, but you also seem to be massively against a scheme that’s been put into place to try and reduce the number of people who suffer from respiratory and other health issues?
No...let's very one thing straight....what you say is what they want you to think.....if that was the case.they would not let me drive my Euro 5 derv in for £12.50. It's a money making exercise....nothing more.
The people who are effected enough to be a likely link to bad air (but of course unproven as it's impossible to say what and where someone breathed something bad in or what it was) is sub 4000 according to figures above..the number dying as a direct result is unknown.....so will be just as unknown a year or two into ULEZ. There are what? 8 million in London.....so that's a very small risk for an even tinier number of people, percentage wise. You are more likely to die by being HIT by a car in London (a ULEZ one or a non ULEZ one!) There were 23,903 reported collisions in London in 2022, resulting in 101 people being killed, 3,873 being seriously injured and 23,287 being slightly injured....way more risk than any risk from respiratory issues from particulates in Londons WHO standard air!

...You are more likely to die by being HIT by a car in London (a ULEZ one or a non ULEZ one!) There were 23,903 reported collisions in London in 2022, resulting in 101 people being killed, 3,873 being seriously injured and 23,287 being slightly injured....way more risk than any risk from respiratory issues from particulates in Londons WHO standard air!

And I am called 'anti car'? :D

You have just given yet another reason why we should have less cars driving into London - to save lives.

No...let's very one thing straight....what you say is what they want you to think.....if that was the case.they would not let me drive my Euro 5 derv in for £12.50. It's a money making exercise....nothing more.
The people who are effected enough to be a likely link to bad air (but of course unproven as it's impossible to say what and where someone breathed something bad in or what it was) is sub 4000 according to figures above..the number dying as a direct result is unknown.....so will be just as unknown a year or two into ULEZ. There are what? 8 million in London.....so that's a very small risk for an even tinier number of people, percentage wise. You are more likely to die by being HIT by a car in London (a ULEZ one or a non ULEZ one!) There were 23,903 reported collisions in London in 2022, resulting in 101 people being killed, 3,873 being seriously injured and 23,287 being slightly injured....way more risk than any risk from respiratory issues from particulates in Londons WHO standard air!
And why isn’t the ULEZ nationwide?

Does your friend run a 'security' company looking after night clubs and a scaffolding business ? is he covered (literally) head to toe in tattoos ? Is his name Chris ?

Also owns a noisy modified Lambretta , both bikes go thru his front door and live in the lounge because garage is full of an Audi S6 ?

Might be the same bloke ...:D We get on OK , he's a good neighbour.
Totally different bloke although he was left a Vespa in a will a month! 😁

@markjay You don't get many more pro car than me. Read it again....if it saves any life's at all it will be a tiny amount....and there will be pretty much no way of telling.

And why isn’t the ULEZ nationwide?
With the number of cities that are dirtier than London, the amount of councils short on cash and the fact that many don't seen to care less about extra taxes being imposed on there life's for next to no reason, there does not seem much to stop more cities doing the same thing with very little objection. I can think of a few Euro cities where there would never let it happen....and just imagine odd someone tried it in the Southern USA!

Anyway this is going round in circles, their is no real need for it. Health is just an excuse and the air quality is already pretty good. Just another reason not to go to London. I won't go there unless I have to...even in my ULEZ Merc.
So like a couple of other threads I will leave it to you kids to go over the same stuff another 50 or so times!

My two vehicles serve 3 households and a total of 9 people (including children). There are 6 named drivers on these two vehicles, plus our youngest is learning to drive on one of them. They are only used on need basis - SIL is a surgeon at the NHS and uses the car when he's on call, for example. Each car does under 2000 miles annually. I am not suggesting going 'full Amish' on cars, just to use them as the last resort and not as the first option.
At under 2000 mile/year/car, would it not make more sense to get rid of them and use taxis? Just asking.

At under 2000 mile/year/car, would it not make more sense to get rid of them and use taxis? Just asking.

Financially, yes, but in terms of convenience, no.

But I often use also black cabs and Ubers myself and leave the car at home. The cars only get used when there's no other reasonable option, hence the low mileage. Most of it, BTW, is from day trips outside London (once or twice a month).

Reactions: JHS
ULEZ together with lousy warm, flat, expensive beer, in fact expensive everything,miserable inhabitants and crime rate is just another reason to avoid London. Even Boston,Lincs, has more appeal.

ULEZ together with lousy warm, flat, expensive beer, in fact expensive everything,miserable inhabitants and crime rate is just another reason to avoid London. Even Boston,Lincs, has more appeal.
I know what you mean.

I’m in Oxford at the moment, Caterham tonight and Brighton tomorrow and Sunday.

HS2 also in the spotlight again …

History will judge us....:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom