T-Cut or any alternatives...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mbstarz

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi sport
Have a few minor swirls and scratches on my c class.. What's the best product to use.. I've used t cut in the past on other cars but is there anything else which could be recommended and does a better job. Car colour is silver iridium.

Thanks in advance

Mbstarz said:
Have a few minor swirls and scratches on my c class.. What's the best product to use.. I've used t cut in the past on other cars but is there anything else which could be recommended and does a better job. Car colour is silver iridium. Thanks in advance

Waiting for a reply in anticipation

Me quits swirl x has good reviews but I have yet to try it.

Hee hee, hope you meant Meguiars Swirl X... :p

Good old technology! :thumb:

TDE1 said:
Hee hee, hope you meant Meguiars Swirl X... :p Good old technology! :thumb:

Damn, yes I did :)

G3 Scratch Remover and the pads, very impressive stuff.

From Halfords too, which is nice and easy.

I've heard some bad things about t-cut (contains ammonia?) so you're right to be looking for an alternative. I've used Autoglym super resin polish to quite good effect, but it can take a few attempts and plenty of elbow grease. The Meguiars swirl remover is great, and I seem to recall they also do a scratch remover too that works well on scratches. However, if you can feel them under your nail then I'm not sure that you will improve them much by hand.

If they are quite bad, maybe it's worth asking a decent valeter for a quote on machine polishing the paintwork for you? At least that way you know that you've got a great surface to look after and protect from there on.

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound is always what I recommend for people without a DA or a rotary polisher.

Meguiars Ultimate is good, but I would try the G3 first, had some amazing results with that and so easy to use.

Worth doing the whole car first with their Clay Mitt, really quick and gets all the crap of first.

i picked up a couple of large bottles of G3 a few years ago . the stuff is very good and easy to use, much better than t-cut :)

+1 for G3. I bought a 5lt paint can size and have used it for many troublesome paint renovations.
Just dont forget multi layers of polish when your done. :thumb:

try Meguiars 105 ultra cut compound with a DA, and an orange hex pad, followed by Meguiars 205 ultra finishing polish and a green hex pad :thumb:
Heres an after pic of my bonnet :thumb:

This was finished off with some Colonite 476s wax

As a couple guys have said - Meguiars Ultimate Compound is fantastic. I took a deep scratch with red paint all in it off my silver SLK door with minimal effort. Used one of their microfiber applicators - recommended too.

You need to use a DA polisher to remove any swirls really , the meg 105 is good but i have always used Menzerna polish in ligh/medium and heavy cut compounds with various pads and its never let me down . You dont want to use polishers with to much filler in as they just cover the problem instead of fixing them.

Last edited:
As above, the likes of super reain all thou it is good it contains fillers. The best route is a buffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom