Tata Nano: price in EU

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phil Thomas

Cheshire, close to Manchester, and Pretoria SA
Car
1999 E300Td Elegance Estate, 1993 500 SE, 1995 Citroen Xantia 1.9 td, 1997 Land Rover Discovery tdi
I was thinking of buying a Tata Nano. At around £1500 or less it has to be considered.

A bit of research disclosed that it will not be here until about 2011, but called the Europa, and at about £4500. Well it was a thought!

I am not sure if it is the cost of complying with EU and other legislation, or perhaps a bit of Indian opportunism!

If the former, it makes you wonder if the cost of the various requirements is worth while. What would a city type car cost without some of these 'necessities'?

To disclose my starting point, heaters were extras when I started motoring in pre Mini days.

The reliability is something I appreciate, and corrosion resistance. (I am going silly here: I have a W210 estate!)

But all the other stuff? I'm not so sure.

Any views?

£4500 is a joke, you can buy a new Hyundai i10 for £4900.

we have discussed this before... cost of shipping, taxes, cost of extra safety requirements and various other overheads means it becomes an exoensive car in the UK.

we have discussed this before... cost of shipping, taxes, cost of extra safety requirements and various other overheads means it becomes an exoensive car in the UK.

Agreed, but are these 'safety' requirements really necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom