Temperamental hands-free boot functionality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BJC

Car
C63 Saloon
Hello, for the past couple of weeks, my hands-free boot open and close function has become somewhat flaky, and it often fails to open or close. Before that, its worked flawlessly.

I've tested it out, and my last test went on for about 30 minutes, and it didn't work once. I then left it for a while, and it came to life.

Next day, it stopped working again - my neighbours must think I'm going mad, as I probably look as though I'm giving it a good kicking 😀

I've given the car a good clean, and it hasn't resolved the issue. I've had a look under the rear of the car, and I didn't see any sensors. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so what resolved it for them?

Thanks, Ben

On the same subject, should I also be able to close the tailgate via my remote as well as opening it? (S204)

Hello, for the past couple of weeks, my hands-free boot open and close function has become somewhat flaky, and it often fails to open or close. Before that, its worked flawlessly.

I've tested it out, and my last test went on for about 30 minutes, and it didn't work once. I then left it for a while, and it came to life.

Next day, it stopped working again - my neighbours must think I'm going mad, as I probably look as though I'm giving it a good kicking 😀

I've given the car a good clean, and it hasn't resolved the issue. I've had a look under the rear of the car, and I didn't see any sensors. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so what resolved it for them?

Thanks, Ben
I had this same issue with a W213 E63s, my local Mercedes dealership, MBUK and MB Germany all had their 2p worth and after them having the car for a considerable length of time, multiple sensor changed and they even tried a new rear diffuser it still wasn't fixed. They blamed it on the diffuser fins and the position of the sensor.
It bothered me for 2 days then I forgot about it.

On the same subject, should I also be able to close the tailgate via my remote as well as opening it? (S204)
My S204 has power tailgate, like yourself it will open with the remote but doesn't close with it.

Thanks for the info, it's not end of the world but niggles at you when you try to use it. Had I never had it, I wouldn't care - bit like a heads-up display. I don't have one, but had I tried one, I'd probably want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom