The E55 sold, the M5 is bought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
Just signing off I guess, sold the E55 last month, bought an M5 at the weekend. The E55 was faster in a straight line, but the M5 has it in the corners. I prefer the SMG to the Auto box and I also prefer the sound from the V10 to the supercharged V8. Considering the M5 is only 2 years younger it feels better put together.

I may look a TT E63 at some point in the future, but for now, I am back home, I am in an M5.

Just signing off I guess

Don't go mate, we will miss you :p

No reason you can't stay on here even if you don't drive an MB anymore, :)

Oh.. and put some pics up of the M5.

See you when you come back buddy, ;)

Keep us posted. I'd love an M5 but the reports I hear of the V10 make me shudder.

Good luck and have fun...I had one years ago, that v10 is one of a kind, needs a good few rpm to get the sweet spot, but my god it will surprise you!

I know these require engine overhaul every 60K miles. This got me to chose my CLS55

good luck with the M5 mate, do pop in from time to time :)

Don't go mate, we will miss you :p

No reason you can't stay on here even if you don't drive an MB anymore, :)

Oh.. and put some pics up of the M5.

Hahahaha, I'll put some pics up at the end of this post :)

Good luck Mike.............you're going to need it;)

Fair play, you are back with the brand you are familiar with and like.
That E63 will be there when you tire of the M5.

Don't leave the forum though, pop in and keep us up to date on the M5.

Cheers! I am sure I will post the odd update, it would be rude not to I guess!

See you when you come back buddy, ;)

LOL Gav, maybe one day. Plan is to keep this for a while.

Keep us posted. I'd love an M5 but the reports I hear of the V10 make me shudder.

They aren't too bad tbh. The M113k is more reliable, but it is less complex. Can't expect flawless reliability from a high revving V10 I suppose lol.

Good luck and have fun...I had one years ago, that v10 is one of a kind, needs a good few rpm to get the sweet spot, but my god it will surprise you!

It's the sound it makes. Glorious sound. I want to drive it all the time. I didn't feel like this when I bought my E55.

I know these require engine overhaul every 60K miles. This got me to chose my CLS55

Some have managed over 100k without much work. I am having the crank shells done as a precaution with uprated ones, so they should last a long time.

A few pics then!

2018-05-07-17-30-38.jpg rps20180507_172851.jpg rps20180507_172344.jpg rps20180507_172107.jpg rps20180507_172244.jpg rps20180507_172319.jpg rps20180506_100305.jpg IMG_20180508_200658.jpg IMG_20180508_200652.jpg rps20180506_100250.jpg IMG_20180508_200634.jpg

I love the BMW front end, still looks bang up to date :)

I had an E60, lovely to drive but a pain in the **** for coil packs and injectors.

There was a recall around 2012/13 that replaced them all.

A bientot, Mon Vieux. May see you on the other side in the Summer if I can find the right 550i touring.

zen_dog.jpg

A bientot, Mon Vieux. May see you on the other side in the Summer if I can find the right 550i touring.

zen_dog.jpg

Yes Mike, i've been tempted by those too , glad its not just me haha, although tbh id miss a Benz i think, they just give you that "Special feeling" that no other car really does imho novelty would wear off for me i think.

Well done & enjoy. Cracking machine the E60 M5....love it.

I'm on my 2nd E55K but have had an E60 M5 as well about 4 years ago. Been tempted to get back into an E60 M5 again or an M6 as they represent cracking VFM. That V10 is one awesome powerplant & when it fills it's lungs & up on its feet it is one intoxicating feeling.

I was very impressed on how well it handled, how balanced it was and how it felt it was pulling no weight when really going. The E55K is a whole different car and there are.nit comparable for that reason.

For me the E55K is great at anything from 1-8/10ths....the M5 is nowhere as good from 1-8/10ths but blows the E55K away from 9-10/10ths.

The gearbox had just been replaced under warranty with a new box at 60k miles before I had it. Only 6k! That was the only thing that worried me is potentially a little highly strung. The E55K in comparison is just never stressed ever.

You only live once though & to enjoy that fabulous V10 is certainly not a bad way to live your life!

Very nice. I was always disappointed that BM never done the E60 in manual. The 10 does sound nice when you bury your foot on the pedal :cool:

Great looking car, except for the wheels :( you need a nice set of Concave Vossen's :cool::D

Very nice. I was always disappointed that BM never done the E60 in manual. The 10 does sound nice when you bury your foot on the pedal :cool:

They did, just not for the UK.

A 115.jpg

Manual? on a prestige car? :crazy:

An old friend asked me to test drive both the M6 and M5 for him when they came out because he couldn’t make his mind up; after an hour in each I chose the M5 all day long, especially when I saw that the M6 was £90k and the M5 £82k.

He did choose the M5 in the end, only had it 12 months though due to multiple faults, but he did love it when it was working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom