• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

The (Lack Of) Housing Market

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
From a local estate agent's window this afternoon:
IMG_0635.jpg

I'm in West London. Been watching the market for 3 years, since I separated from my wife, and have only just found a place of value, and I use that term loosely.

Around here, most properties are over priced as there is very little supply under the 500k. I assume that is where most first time buyers are looking. This keeps the prices artificially high, and most properties are selling for more now than they were in 2007/8. Although obviously a lot less properties are actually selling.

For now I have decided to buy a small place, that should hold it's value and I will look again when hopefully the market is moving more freely. Probably another 10 years.

All because we have to keep the banks afloat:rolleyes: therefore no price correction and what housing stock there is remains overvalued and no first timers to drive the market from the bottom. Myself i think a number of them should be slotted (bankers that is - not first timers!), we should have supported the banks but told them no bonuses a la Iceland and Eire and all had the pain for a few years. As it is the market will be moribund for another decade to come.

p.s. another business closes in Cotteridge, nice.

Last edited:
p.s. another business closes in Cotteridge, nice.

Downhill all the way since they closed Sue Ryder (well, moved it to Northfield actually).

Fun times gone :(.

Maybe i should email that image to the agent selling the house I like as a friendly reminder

Small world - I know Cotteridge, I work on the KN "Business Park"
Mind you it was "The Factory Centre" when I was a lad.

Burman/Triplex or Melchett?

Either way, you're close enough for a cuppa if you're passing :thumb:.

Personally I think there is far to many estate agents so dont see this as a lost.

Personally I think there is far to many estate agents so dont see this as a lost.

Depends. 21 years it's likely that they new what they were doing, unlike many of the chancers who jumped in in the early noughties to make a fast buck.

Are Albion a franchise? I'm sure I've seen them trading elsewhere, but maybe it's just a similar name/outfit.

I'm in West London. Been watching the market for 3 years, since I separated from my wife, and have only just found a place of value, and I use that term loosely.

Around here, most properties are over priced as there is very little supply under the 500k. I assume that is where most first time buyers are looking. This keeps the prices artificially high, and most properties are selling for more now than they were in 2007/8. Although obviously a lot less properties are actually selling.

For now I have decided to buy a small place, that should hold it's value and I will look again when hopefully the market is moving more freely. Probably another 10 years.
London is mental.

Where i live up north (crouch end) the last house i saw sold was 25-30% more then the one i didnt buy 2yrs ago. Some areas up 25% in the last year ffS...

Heard taht 50% is bought by overseas buyers, im not sure how correct that figure is though.

BUT very slow right now, and not many houses for sale up here compared to a year back

Burman/Triplex or Melchett?

Either way, you're close enough for a cuppa if you're passing :thumb:.

I started my working life at Triplex until redundancy after 20 years

Now working on the factory centre where that place with all the blue and silver vans are.

PM your location - 2 sugars please

I started my working life at Triplex until redundancy after 20 years

Now working on the factory centre where that place with all the blue and silver vans are.

PM your location - 2 sugars please

I will PM you and you're very welcome, though Friday afternoon/evening's are never good for me.

Bit of a gold fish these days living in canterbury region but agents have all survived and a few more have come along. I think the ones who embraced the letting market are doing ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom