• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

the watch corp

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
The Watch Corp...Has anyone used these on line sellers...I bought a Hugo Boss watch for my grandsons 18th birthday...it arrived to him today...the box etc looks genuine but the watch had a kind of cling film wrapped around it and the second hand was jumping 2 seconds not one...It seems genuine but the second hand movement indicates the battery is low..I would have thought the watch would not be running until it gets started buy the owner...The watch as a 2 year warranty and looks ok but I now have doubts...I have obviously contacted them and await their reply...Just wondered if they do not replace it free of charge with no return postage costs too me...where do I stand legally....I paid with a credit card...Any advice will received gratefully...It cost £169 delivered...Thanks Eddie

Last edited:
I can't comment on the seller, but more than one watch I've bought have had a kind of cling film, especially on the band and the crystal and the back.
Generally, the crown on a quartz movement watch is pulled out from new to stop the movement.
At least with a credit card payment, if there really is a problem, you can get your card company involved with a view to a charge back.

While pulling out the crown stops the hands from moving, it is only a mechanical disconnection so the watch is still running (and using battery).

I imagine it is merely old stock. Maybe you can get them to pay for a replacement battery?

While pulling out the crown stops the hands from moving, it is only a mechanical disconnection so the watch is still running (and using battery).

I imagine it is merely old stock. Maybe you can get them to pay for a replacement battery?
I never thought about it before, but that makes sense.
Every day's a school day. 👍

Hugo boss is a fashion brand. They don't make watches, they put their name on watches and it will arrive in wrap as it protects the finish. A new battery will fix it. I would not bother sending it in for warranty, it will sit for months and the cost of shipping will exceed the cost of a battery. If you want to get a refund, my suggestion would be to get a Seiko or Citizen instead which are better watches.

Update:.....
Hello Edward,

Thanks for getting in touch. First and foremost I am sorry about the battery being on its way out.
That said, should it be convenient for you if you take the watch to any high street watch retailer or jewellers and have the battery changed, we will cover the cost of the battery up to a maximum of £20 (since it shouldn't cost any more than that to change a battery). Please make sure to choose the standard battery option and not a lifetime battery since this will exceed £20. Once this has been done, if you simply attach a copy of the receipt in response to this e-mail, we will reimburse you accordingly. Regarding the alleged cling film covering the face of the watch, this is not true. These are plastic seals provided by manufacture in order to protect the face of the watch just like how there are seals to the strap of the watch. Additionally, please note that Hugo Boss now no longer provide manuals with their watches as part of there cost cutting plans and advise customers to refer to manuals that can be access online.

Kind Regards,

Sarah - Customer Services

Update:.....
Hello Edward,

Thanks for getting in touch. First and foremost I am sorry about the battery being on its way out.
That said, should it be convenient for you if you take the watch to any high street watch retailer or jewellers and have the battery changed, we will cover the cost of the battery up to a maximum of £20 (since it shouldn't cost any more than that to change a battery). Please make sure to choose the standard battery option and not a lifetime battery since this will exceed £20. Once this has been done, if you simply attach a copy of the receipt in response to this e-mail, we will reimburse you accordingly. Regarding the alleged cling film covering the face of the watch, this is not true. These are plastic seals provided by manufacture in order to protect the face of the watch just like how there are seals to the strap of the watch. Additionally, please note that Hugo Boss now no longer provide manuals with their watches as part of there cost cutting plans and advise customers to refer to manuals that can be access online.

Kind Regards,

Sarah - Customer Services

Seems a very fair (and commendably prompt) resolution to the issue.

Seems a very fair (and commendably prompt) resolution to the issue.
Certainly a more satisfactory response than the one I got from one of the 'big' online watch retailers when I had a problem with a Certina I was trying to buy a few years back.

All done...£20 refunded....Grandson is a happy Bunny...Reputable Jeweller confirmed watch is genuine...fitted the battery and sorted out the links so the strap fits too...
Excellent!
And the best news is your Grandson likes it 👍

All done...£20 refunded....Grandson is a happy Bunny...Reputable Jeweller confirmed watch is genuine...fitted the battery and sorted out the links so the strap fits too...
Glad it’s sorted. Lucky lad, that’s a lovely gift 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom