• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

This C63 must be pretty rare ??

bobafett

Car
C63
Popped out to see this today, must be pretty rare? Its a 507 Edition, 13 plate, done 48k miles and its Viper green and its £40k. It's got some mods sadly, specifically the rear arches and wheels and I am not sure if that will affect the value against a stock car?

I have got a 13 plate 125 PPP Coupe and was wondered if its worth paying the extra for?

Personal opinion but I wouldn't but a modded 507 nor in a non OEM colour. Hold out for a std one as I'm sure it'll hold it's value and only increase over time.

The standard view of don't touch a modified car doesn't apply here. If you like it then buy it.

The owner who created it is on the Facebook C63 page and he spent tens of thousands. The bodywork was done by Golding Barn Garage who pioneered the wide arch conversion. It had uprated 390mm front brakes and a Black Series 360mm rear brake conversion. He even had Ohlins make up a set of bespoke suspension for it at great expense.

In short, the previous owner was extremely meticulous and is nothing like the usual wrap it and rag it crowd. He couldn't get someone to pay enough with all the mods so stripped off parts and sold it closer to standard. The paint job is excellent.

The standard view of don't touch a modified car doesn't apply here. If you like it then buy it.

The owner who created it is on the Facebook C63 page and he spent tens of thousands. The bodywork was done by Golding Barn Garage who pioneered the wide arch conversion. It had uprated 390mm front brakes and a Black Series 360mm rear brake conversion. He even had Ohlins make up a set of bespoke suspension for it at great expense.

In short, the previous owner was extremely meticulous and is nothing like the usual wrap it and rag it crowd. He couldn't get someone to pay enough with all the mods so stripped off parts and sold it closer to standard. The paint job is excellent.

Oh, I thought the colour was original, on the add it states 1 of 11. so I thought it was a factory colour. My experience of repainted cars is, its going to devalue it no matter who did and how ever good the job is.

Just found this, I will have a read

It's a ruined ( modded ) 507 i would steer clear.

Butchered rear arches, filler, colour change. It’s a no from me, but I’m a stickler for originality. To be brutally honest originality is key for investment potential

I’m sure that the work was done to a high standard, and relative to the cost of doing it then it’s probably a good buy. However Tom Hartley sold a lovely C 63 BS for £95k a month or so ago, and compared to that this car looks expensive.

I’m sure that the work was done to a high standard, and relative to the cost of doing it then it’s probably a good buy. However Tom Hartley sold a lovely C 63 BS for £95k a month or so ago, and compared to that this car looks expensive.
Curious … how drivable is a Black Series on UK roads …? Or maybe they’re just collectibles in reality?

Curious … how drivable is a Black Series on UK roads …? Or maybe they’re just collectibles in reality?
Sadly moat are kept locked up now and barely used as they’re in speculator-central right now. They are very usable cars though, especially without the aero and track packs.

Black Series is the one to be left alone 🫡20220731_120610_3.jpg20220731_120626.jpg

Why do you say that? £40k for a 507 on 48k miles in very good condition seems fair to me. Most 507 Editions are asking more than that.

Why do you say that? £40k for a 507 on 48k miles in very good condition seems fair to me. Most 507 Editions are asking more than that.
If someone wants a Black Series, then the cost of this particular car takes them almost half way there (ignore the £130k-£150k cars which have been for sale for absolutely ages and are priced high in the hope of catching someone or driving the market).

The value of this car will always be limited because it’s irreversibly modified - even if it’s been done really well - and so the difference in value between this car and a genuine Black Series will only ever increase.

Despite being a well built car, to a high spec, and beautifully detailed, it’s been on the market a few times and either hasn’t sold or has been moved on very quickly, which tells me that the market for a highly modified 507 is very small.

@Bobby Dazzler there's a huge difference between being able to afford £40k and a BS. It's been on the market with all the mods for more like £60k. Now the mods are stripped and the price is less. As said above, just buy it to drive it if you like the colour.

C63 Black Series: The perfect road car?

Worth a read, I'd have one if the numbers ever came in.
Thanks - a good morning brew read.
I still think I’d have neither the BS or this green thing - personally. I’ve always liked the Q car thing myself: wolf in sheep’s clothing, the element of surprise. Most standard AMGs do give you that because in the main, most people have no idea what they’re capable of when they see them around. They can go under the radar. If I picked either of my daughters up from school in either a BS or this green one they’d disown me and I’d probably disown myself. Nice to look at but too shouty for me to own. Too brash, a bit vulgar maybe? I don’t want to be stared at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom