• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Threaded injector bolt hole !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 138290
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 138290

So I found yet another injector leaking so went stripped it out cleaned up and put back in but this time I’ve managed to shear the threads in the hole !! **** it !! So, what size rethreader and what size bolt now to get hold of ???? Thanks !

Bit confused which size repair kit to get ?

Bit confused which size to get ?

No need to post everything twice :)

The bolt is M6 so yes you would need a M6 repair kit. When you took the original bolt out, you should have replaced it as they are stretch bolts and should always be replaced.

Either that or just drill and tap the hole out to an m8, done that before

Careful not to drill too deep , coolant galleries underneath

Reactions: 219
Lol my 1st post didn’t appear so I resent it and then it kept coming up twice 🙈. Normally I put new bolts in but as it was ment to be a quick job I didn’t and faced the consequences ! Thanks 👍

Well the bolt I snapped isn’t even budging with extractor bits, it’s tight as ! Just have to kp at it slowly/ steadily until it starts to loosen up..... to rethread you drill 45mm don’t you ?

Well drilled/ tapped most of today and ends up drilling most the inner of the bolt out yet it’s still stuck in there ! As for the threaded hole, got the m6 time insert but drill bit drops straight in the hole so I haven’t attempted to do anything. Going to be a mobile technician I think... an M8 bolt conversion would definitely be a good idea but I’ve spent enough atm already !

So, got the holes sorted and put the car bk together and none of the injectors are leaking but, I’ve now got mega black smoke when I kickdown ?????

Crumbs !! 1-4 are still bubbling but, I darnt try to tighten them anymore !!!!

Did you use a torque wrench and new bolts? The torque is pretty low at 7nm + 90deg +90deg. I chickened out at the last 90deg but went about half way and there were no leaks

Did you cleaned and checked bottom of injector holes were super clean, straight/flat? Cleaned the thread hole 100%.

Holes wherent 100% clean no as my cutting kit didn’t seem to clear ALL the crap out..... but yes I’ve used brand new bolts and I’ve a load of spare new ones now too..... and seals...... looks like I will have to strip and clean them all again, somehow.......

long time leak will damage the sealing surface and it needs to be refined carefully... copper seal won't tighten damaged surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom