• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Threaded injector bolt hole !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 138290
  • Start date Start date
Holes wherent 100% clean no as my cutting kit didn’t seem to clear ALL the crap out..... but yes I’ve used brand new bolts and I’ve a load of spare new ones now too..... and seals...... looks like I will have to strip and clean them all again, somehow.......
When I got mine done on my C270CDI , my Indy mentioned a special sealant M-B supply to repair bores which have been leaking , as well as recutting seats and fitting new washers .

Look at the injector face cap , had 2 of my injectors leak because of it.

I used a Lapping stuck with a sandpaper taped to it to clean and smooth the sealing surface.
I used a baby milk bottle brush which fits perfectly to clean the 7mm bolt hole and blew with compresed air.
I also used Honda washers

Look at the injector face cap , had 2 of my injectors leak because of it.

I used a Lapping stuck with a sandpaper taped to it to clean and smooth the sealing surface.
I used a baby milk bottle brush which fits perfectly to clean the 7mm bolt hole and blew with compresed air.
I also used Honda washers

injector side surface is good point (forgot to mention myself), but aren't injectors now refurbed?

Edit: evidently not, so this is a fair point...

Hi all, I managed to clean holes 1-4 as they were leaking and got them looking nice. Altho I haven’t tightened them 2x 90c they seem ok tho a bit click but car seems to run fine but might give them another tweek at the week end when I’m bk home..... also wanted to ask, would ML420 cdi injectors drop straight into my engine or, would they need to be set to the ECU ??
I also found that one washer had actually got stuck to the floor of hole no 4 as when hoovering/ reboring, it came out so I had been running with two washers. I thought I was short of washers the last time I removed the injectors but certainly explained the rough idling and mega black smoke ! Oops !

Hi guys, I have a 2001 ML270 CDi, it has black death. I waited for the warmer months to start working on it.

I had previously loosened the old bolts and was planning to replace them with (not fully torqued) new stretch bolts, and run the engine hot enough to remove the injectors.

When I was removing the hold down bolts, to my horror, I found some idiot mechanic had installed short (half length) larger diameter bolts than the OEM stretch bolts. At first I thought I removed the broken half of the stretch bolt, but when I inserted the new OEM bolt, it went all the way in.

Three of the bolt holes did not have their threads stripped and I was able to replace them with OEM stretch bolts. But the fourth one won't tighten, it just turns and turns. Some bastard stripped the bolt hole threads.

[I couldn't reach the fifth one as it's under the coolant reservoir but has the same larger diameter short bolt].

What am I going to do now - the thought of heli coils fills me with dread.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have a 2001 ML270 CDi, it has black death. I waited for the warmer months to start working on it.

I had previously loosened the old bolts and was planning to replace them with (not fully torqued) new stretch bolts, and run the engine hot enough to remove the injectors.

When I was removing the hold down bolts, to my horror, I found some idiot mechanic had installed short (half length) larger diameter bolts than the OEM stretch bolts. At first I thought I removed the broken half of the stretch bolt, but when I inserted the new OEM bolt, it went all the way in.

Three of the bolt holes did not have their threads stripped and I was able to replace them with OEM stretch bolts. But the fourth one won't tighten, it just turns and turns. Some bastard stripped the bolt hole threads.

[I couldn't reach the fifth one as it's under the coolant reservoir but has the same larger diameter short bolt].

What am I going to do now - the thought of heli coils fills me with dread.
I'm having the same problem. the bolt just doesn't grip half way in or so....don't want to redrill and time sert anything. just want to rethead it....possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom