Tint this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Totally agree , very odd to see luxury 50K+ cars without .

Just asking for a suggestion to soften rather than blend .

Hmm so general consensus is yes. Just a shame global tint only does rear windows as I'd have liked to get the front done to darken it up a tiny bit.

Their reviews are too good to miss out on and car dealerships here in Cornwall use this company so I'd not want to use someone else.

Hoping it looks good with my car colour or I'll be kicking myself afterwards.

I've privacy glass and there's quite a contrast between front and rear , what lightest tint are you allowed ?

Very much as this official MB pic .
You are not :( Basically you are not allowed anything legally on the fronts (as they have a very slight tint from factory, not that you would ever know) and applying any tint would render it illegal.

However, that said, many people manage fine with it with no issues. I for one will be getting a very light smoke tint all round, when I eventually get round to it! ;)

Hmm so general consensus is yes. Just a shame global tint only does rear windows as I'd have liked to get the front done to darken it up a tiny bit.

Their reviews are too good to miss out on and car dealerships here in Cornwall use this company so I'd not want to use someone else.

Hoping it looks good with my car colour or I'll be kicking myself afterwards.

My C43 had graded fronts (done by the previous owner in the early 00's when it was still legal). I didn't realise how hard it was to see out the door mirrors in the dusk/dark until I replaced my car with one without the tints.

It looked good but it did have a surprising effect on my vision, anyway.

Don't forget the number plates .

undwech.gif

Personally I like posh cars without window tints, and if I see one I usually comment out loud to my very interested wife and children 😁

If you have one then embrace it! But if you want darker tinted windows then go for it, just don’t do the fronts as it’s illegal and dangerous 👍🏻

Vive la difference.

I always give a quiet curse when i am trying to pull out onto a road with parked cars with heavily tinted windows on either side. Makes it difficult to see oncoming traffic.

An e class estate with tinted windows does look good though.

@Gazwould -

I don't think it looks odd 😀 !

Are you tinting for practical reasons or purely appearance? AFAIK most cars already have a tint of sorts and UV filtering.
ACAA351D-E642-4BA7-AFAE-727339938429_1_201_a.jpeg

My C43 had graded fronts (done by the previous owner in the early 00's when it was still legal). I didn't realise how hard it was to see out the door mirrors in the dusk/dark until I replaced my car with one without the tints.

It looked good but it did have a surprising effect on my vision, anyway.

Drivers unknowingly look through windows of cars alongside them to see traffic, pedestrians, road signs etc. Now you have tints, the car alongside has tints and you are looking at a wall. Tints have their uses - my grandson hates the sun shining in his eyes in the rear seat (I guess he is spoiled as both his parents cars have heavily tinted rear windows Q8 & E53) . We just use one of those removable tints when he is with us. o_O

I have always had tints in my cars and this estate is the first without so I suppose its a comfort thing. Plus having two lil ones in the back, it'll make things easier for them to look outside when the sun is shining bright.

Just hope it looks good with this grey ish blue car colour

Drivers unknowingly look through windows of cars alongside them to see traffic, pedestrians, road signs etc. Now you have tints, the car alongside has tints and you are looking at a wall. Tints have their uses - my grandson hates the sun shining in his eyes in the rear seat (I guess he is spoiled as both his parents cars have heavily tinted rear windows Q8 & E53) . We just use one of those removable tints when he is with us. o_O

Ah, when it gets REALLY sunny, my kids also pull up the sun blinds :cool:

I have always had tints in my cars and this estate is the first without so I suppose its a comfort thing. Plus having two lil ones in the back, it'll make things easier for them to look outside when the sun is shining bright.

Just hope it looks good with this grey ish blue car colour

I think so. It's a pretty dark colour. I think it'll be fine.

I played with this idea just a couple of weeks ago, I decided against it, why? DotMatrix.

Around the rear window and rear door windows there's surrounding dot's you'll be able to see them on yours. When tinted the film trap air under these does and as a result it doesn't stick to the window creating a horrid grey out line which can be seen from outside.
I hate the looks of this. Cars with factory tints look best as they don't have this. As a result I ended up going with fitted blinds. Same effect you can't see in and looks cool.

Car Sun Shades Tailor Made To Your Make Model - Car Shades

20201004_191031-2.jpg

I played with this idea just a couple of weeks ago, I decided against it, why? DotMatrix.

Around the rear window and rear door windows there's surrounding dot's you'll be able to see them on yours. When tinted the film trap air under these does and as a result it doesn't stick to the window creating a horrid grey out line which can be seen from outside.
I hate the looks of this. Cars with factory tints look best as they don't have this. As a result I ended up going with fitted blinds. Same effect you can't see in and looks cool.

View attachment 103563

Intriguing! What's this look like from the inside? Does it take away from the nice interior of Mercedes?

View attachment 103563

The best answer if you have kids .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom