Tint this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah I have kids as well. Just popped out to take some pic's - I would say not what do you think...
*Ignore the small gap in-between the rear blind they do push together closer looks like I haven't popped the clip on enough

20201014_144217.jpg

20201014_144225.jpg

Yeah I have kids as well. Just popped out to take some pic's - I would say not what do you think...
*Ignore the small gap in-between the rear blind they do push together closer looks like I haven't popped the clip on enough

View attachment 103568

View attachment 103569
Wow thanks for the pics. Looks dark from the outside but nice inside. Was expecting the outdoor world to not be visible. I really like it.

60 percent cheaper than tints too. Was it easy to install? Very tempting to cancel my global tint order for next week

Took me about 60 seconds to install the rear window, it just slides straight in with a clip at the top and one in the middle. I admit I screwed up fitting the door blinds probably me being a bit thick, but a quick email to the supplier with a photo of what I'd done they edited it and sent the photo back within the hour and soon sorted it out. If I'd done it right in the first place about a minute to fit each side so if you know what your doing 3 minutes total. Like me I've probably spent 5 minutes fitting them

I have always had tints in my cars and this estate is the first without so I suppose its a comfort thing. Plus having two lil ones in the back, it'll make things easier for them to look outside when the sun is shining bright.

Just hope it looks good with this grey ish blue car colour

Practical concerns for your kids override aesthetics?

I wonder how kids coped before we had tinted windows...... ;)!

Practical concerns for your kids override aesthetics?

I wonder how kids coped before we had tinted windows...... ;)!

My boy has very sensitive eyes and has his eyes closed more times than not when it's very bright out. If I can do something to help out then its 100 percent worth it, of course 😁

I'd order some and try them you can always return them if your not happy within 30 days then rebook the tints
Seriously considering these. Not as gangsta as tints and,IMO, look more classy.

Seriously considering these. Not as gangsta as tints and,IMO, look more classy.
I seriously considered a set of blinds for my S211 for the rear windows & hatch. They do look neat from outside and cut out a lot of glare & heat on the inside.

Never got round to it not least because it already had OEM blinds on the rear doors which solved the most immediate problem for my young kids at the time.

Decided to have the rear windows and rear screen tinted tommorrow. 20% tint has been recommended by company doing the work.
Will let you know the results.

Well after a few weeks procrastinating I've had the rear windows and rear screen tinted.
Looks great against the Hyacinth Red paint work.
It's a mid to dark tint applied by Botley Windscreens near Oxford.

Well after a few weeks procrastinating I've had the rear windows and rear screen tinted.
Looks great against the Hyacinth Red paint work.
It's a mid to dark tint applied by Botley Windscreens near Oxford.
Might be best to put a pic on ?

I like tints and even more so for kids in the back as certainly the little ones as they struggle with the glare in the back of the car. Our recently acquired ML has factory tints which are pretty dark at the back but look pretty smart.

The alternative is what is mentioned above which are from Car Shades, they're a really good fit shade the back of the car brilliantly and look like normal tints unless you're close to the glass.

kw9INpc.jpg

A set is cheaper than tints and easily removed.

Personally I'm proud of my Merc, why do you want to hide ? ashamed of it ?

Personally I'm proud of my Merc, why do you want to hide ? ashamed of it ?

- Aesthetics (subjective)
- Comfort (heat rejection, UV, glare)
- Security (thieves can’t see items left inside so easily)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom