Tinted Privacy Glass- ML

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S17MMA

Car
Soon to be ML 270 CDI
Not a bodywork question as such...

Think I may have found my new car, it has everything I want :bannana: apart from privacy glass. :wallbash:

How difficult would it be to have privacy glass fitted in the rear or even tinted? any ideas on the cost approx?

Cheers :thumb:

Not a bodywork question as such...

Think I may have found my new car, it has everything I want :bannana: apart from privacy glass. :wallbash:

How difficult would it be to have privacy glass fitted in the rear or even tinted? any ideas on the cost approx?

Cheers :thumb:

Having the glass replaced with the factory tinted units would be very expensive. You may get lucky finding a scrapped or wriiten off model but that would only give you some of the glass. I believe that the rear screen is bonded and may be difficult to remove & refit without causing any damage.

Cheapest option would probably be having a tint film applied. I imagine on an ML cost for decent job for the B pillar backwards would cost between £300 - £500 depending on the quality of thr film and where you are in the country.

Having the glass replaced with the factory tinted units would be very expensive. You may get lucky finding a scrapped or wriiten off model but that would only give you some of the glass. I believe that the rear screen is bonded and may be difficult to remove & refit without causing any damage.

Cheapest option would probably be having a tint film applied. I imagine on an ML cost for decent job for the B pillar backwards would cost between £300 - £500 depending on the quality of thr film and where you are in the country.

Kak knew it wouldnt be that simple....:rolleyes:

I too have a car coming minus privacy.I checked this forum (Search privacy Glass) and the superb guys on here have used and highly recommend Pentagon.
I checked out the Glasgow branch and it is much cheaper than factory option.They are nationwide.

I too have a car coming minus privacy.I checked this forum (Search privacy Glass) and the superb guys on here have used and highly recommend Pentagon.
I checked out the Glasgow branch and it is much cheaper than factory option.They are nationwide.

Have looked on the forum but cant find the thread? :dk:

Pentagon quoted £300 on an ML a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom