Tirekit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bri

Car
2008 Mercedes E220 est Sold ! 2011 E350 est Sold ! 2018 E220 est Premium package
Just wondering what's peoples opinion on the tirefit kit supplied, its the first car I've had without a spare tyre also no jack ?.
Have you had to use the kit if so what's you experience with it, also don't no why their is no jack and wheel wrench supplied but you get spare wheel bolts.
A car that costs £50,000 new you would think such basic tools would be supplied, can only cost an extra 30 to 40£s so its not a big saving on the overall cost.

The car would have had both a jack and wheel brace in the toolkit when new.
A previous owner has either lost it or kept it when selling the car.

Have a look on eBay for a cheap replacement.

Last edited:
No jack and wheel brace supplied with cars without spare wheels.

Is this a new thing?
My last car had no spare wheel supplied but had a jack and tyre wrench + tyre weld.
Mine is 2019, no tools and nowhere to keep them if I had them.

I had a puncture last week for the first time in a very long time. Attempted to use the sealant kit but I could hear the air hissing out faster than I could pump it in. 90 minutes later the car was loaded on a breakdown truck snd we were taken home. When I got the wheel off next day I could see two huge splits (about 12cm each) on the inside parallel to the rim of the wheel. Probably a pothole, but I can't recall hitting one. No wonder it wouldn't seal. Has my winter wheels on and the tyres were in pretty good condition until this. Wouldn't have minded so much if it had been with my summer tyres as they're needing replaced anyway.

Breakdown driver told me that half his calls are the same - what would have been a 10 minute wheel change becomes a 2 or 3 hour job!

That's correct no jack or wheel brace got the car from Mercedes and have asked what happened to them and was told they were not supplied :(

I had a puncture last week for the first time in a very long time. Attempted to use the sealant kit but I could hear the air hissing out faster than I could pump it in. 90 minutes later the car was loaded on a breakdown truck snd we were taken home. When I got the wheel off next day I could see two huge splits (about 12cm each) on the inside parallel to the rim of the wheel. Probably a pothole, but I can't recall hitting one. No wonder it wouldn't seal. Has my winter wheels on and the tyres were in pretty good condition until this. Wouldn't have minded so much if it had been with my summer tyres as they're needing replaced anyway.

Breakdown driver told me that half his calls are the same - what would have been a 10 minute wheel change becomes a 2 or 3 hour job!
And they call that progress

And they call that progress
Wonder how much this would cost if you had no breakdown cover ?

My Suzuki came with no tools or spare wheel, just a tyre sealant kit.

I bought the optional space saver (complete with jack and tools) that Suzuki sell as an aftermarket accessory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom