Today I collected my e63 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The W/S212 E63 is an extraordinarily well balanced package: a nice steering very competent chassis with good ride quality and enough power to have fun, but still with the ability to waft around in luxury if the mood takes. I miss mine 😢
Nail on the head!

Just checked out the advert - that was certainly up for a great price considering the options fitted etc....
I'm not surprised you went for it - I love mine & i'm sure you'll have many grin induced miles ahead of you..

Just checked out the advert - that was certainly up for a great price considering the options fitted etc....
I'm not surprised you went for it - I love mine & i'm sure you'll have many grin induced miles ahead of you..
Thanks Jon.

Hopefully plenty of trouble free miles in front of us. I can't stop looking at it lol

It's dusty already, the curse of black paint. Looks mint clean then the next day it needs washing again lol.

Thanks Jon.

Hopefully plenty of trouble free miles in front of us. I can't stop looking at it lol

It's dusty already, the curse of black paint. Looks mint clean then the next day it needs washing again lol.
If it's only dusty, try a California duster, they are great. :) 👍

Thanks Jon.

I've had nearly 30,000 trouble free miles since owning mne - only a level sensor, rear brakes & thermostat housing and that's good if you ask me for an 8 year old super estate....oh, and the petrol & rear tyres....:D:D
As mentioned, if you find youself in Dorset pop in & say hello..

Great looking car!
Regarding the chains, which chain specifically is it so I read up on this?

I've had nearly 30,000 trouble free miles since owning mne - only a level sensor, rear brakes & thermostat housing and that's good if you ask me for an 8 year old super estate....oh, and the petrol & rear tyres....:D:D
As mentioned, if you find youself in Dorset pop in & say hello..
Nice to know, I think that's good going.

If I'm down your way I will be sure to swing by 👍

Great looking car!
Regarding the chains, which chain specifically is it so I read up on this?
The chain(s) discussed here are the cam 2 cam timing chains, one on each bank and also the main timing chain which drives them. The early m157 can suffer from weak chains and also rattle from the tensioner caused by oil leak down while the car is sat. The solution is a non return valve and new tensioners as we as a stronger chains and assorted gears. You can tell which timing chain is installed by removing the oil filler cap and looking at it. If you look it up you can find a comparison photo. I think cam adjusters can also be an issue.

Old chain is silver, updated chain blueish silver

Thanks Jon.

I put satin PPF on my metallic black E63S. Gives extremely sharp lines and less prone to dirt etc.
Otherwise you can always ceramic coat it too.

Congrats mate, looks nice. I went through a similar journey but started looking for a C63 estate, then moved to looking at pre-facelift S212's then ended up buying a post facelift 2016 S212. Been on a few continental trips with it, and it's a great car for that, even touched the limiter @ 159mph around Munich. Lovely place to be, from an infotainment, comfort of seats and of course performance. The only thing that is missing for me bizarrely is a proper foot rest for your left foot!

Congrats mate, looks nice. I went through a similar journey but started looking for a C63 estate, then moved to looking at pre-facelift S212's then ended up buying a post facelift 2016 S212. Been on a few continental trips with it, and it's a great car for that, even touched the limiter @ 159mph around Munich. Lovely place to be, from an infotainment, comfort of seats and of course performance. The only thing that is missing for me bizarrely is a proper foot rest for your left foot!
Thanks pal. They're amazing cars aren't they. I thought exactly the same thing re left foot rest. I noticed straight away on the motorway home. Not really had chance to stretch its legs properly yet but its lovely to drive

I put satin PPF on my metallic black E63S. Gives extremely sharp lines and less prone to dirt etc.
Otherwise you can always ceramic coat it too.
I considered ceramic but the cost cost was too high for me to justify a pro job. Currently undertaking paint correction to take out a load of scratches then some zymol wax I've got and see how I get on. Might ceramic coat the alloys though with gtechniq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom