Today I collected my e63 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The upgraded chain is great news. I would respectfully suggest it's been done before as that engine will fall into the range of potentially affected engines.

You've got a bargain, methinks. An awful lot of car for not a lot of money, relatively speaking and arguably the biggest pitfall already sorted. Nice one.

I've spoken with Danial James previously and he seems like a decent chap. Was that your experience too?

I've been searching since Christmas for an e63 estate and today I finally took possession of one.

I've asked a few questions on here and been appreciative of the replies.

I started out looking for an s211 e63 then moved to a pre facelift 212 with m156 but in the end bought a pre facelift m157.

Had a long drive home and it performed very well. Smooth and very pleasant in comfort and then you boot it in sport or sport + and it nuts. So far I love it.

For anyone that follows the market I got the high spec car from Newhaven. I will get some pics up when I can take some decent ones.
Just checked out the advert. That is really lovely 👌🏻

The upgraded chain is great news. I would respectfully suggest it's been done before as that engine will fall into the range of potentially affected engines.

You've got a bargain, methinks. An awful lot of car for not a lot of money, relatively speaking and arguably the biggest pitfall already sorted. Nice one.

I've spoken with Danial James previously and he seems like a decent chap. Was that your experience too?
I was surprised to see the upgraded chain too as I had checked the engine number before I went down and its firmly in the effected range for no non return valve and weak chain. There was a ton of service paperwork but I didn't see a record of the work although I could have missed it. I think it must have been down so hopefully that's a good sign.

I think it was a very fair price, a bit higher in miles maybe but not huge. I'm surprised nobody beat me too it.

I was happy with the service from Daniel James. He came across as a professional guy, gave a reasonable trade in on my e350 and was very helpful leading up to the sale with good communication. I believe it to be a good car but time will tell on that front.

Congratulations on your "new" car. I ran Biturbo E63's as my daily driver for 5 years and every journey was special in those cars. Hope you enjoy the ownership experience as much.

I think the pre-facelift front end is much more subtle than the facelift car and preferable for it, but the rear quarters of the pre-facelift with the clumsy "Ponton" creases always looked unresolved and I much preferred the relative simplicity of the facelift cars in that respect. That said, the extended window line of the estate balances the Ponton creases on the pre-facelift car much better than on the saloon.

Anyway, have fun 👍
Good to hear people running them as daily drivers as mine will be all be it not huge miles.

I agree on the styling points and the Ponton definitely looks less odd on an estate. It helps on the e63 to have the wide front arches to balance it out too.

Amazing spec and Service history and one owner from new + the PP option, very rare. Enjoy :):thumb:

Love the alloys, are these for AMG cars only, as I haven’t seen them on any non AMG cars.

Love the alloys, are these for AMG cars only, as I haven’t seen them on any non AMG cars.
Yup they are amg forged alloys.

Thankyou all for the nice comments, so far I'm in love with the car

I've not yet had the dogs in mine, despite that being the rationale for an estate 😂 the Octavia vRS and others have been demoted to dog wagon, but long journeys with dogs will be the E63.....

I've not yet had the dogs in mine, despite that being the rationale for an estate 😂 the Octavia vRS and others have been demoted to dog wagon, but long journeys with dogs will be the E63.....
I don't think the dog was as impressed as I am but that's just hard lines 😂 he'll get over it or stay at home because the cars here to stay

I came away more impressed with the E.
The W/S212 E63 is an extraordinarily well balanced package: a nice steering very competent chassis with good ride quality and enough power to have fun, but still with the ability to waft around in luxury if the mood takes. I miss mine 😢

The W/S212 E63 is an extraordinarily well balanced package: a nice steering very competent chassis with good ride quality and enough power to have fun, but still with the ability to waft around in luxury if the mood takes. I miss mine 😢
Honestly, I was expecting a lot from the SLS, and it didn’t deliver. I wasn’t anticipating much from the E, but it exceeded my expectations by some margin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom