Tracking a factory order - possible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I could watch a live stream of it getting built, Id be taking the day off work to watch it!! Lol. Infact, if I could, Id go and watch it being built. That would be awesome to see.

Car manufacturing is quite a brutal process . I'm not sure it would be soothing viewing that the marketing department would want you to have.

Many manufacturers do post generic videos of their production process on YouTube however.

JBD from production date how long is it normally for delivery? Is it at dealership a while for registration process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBD from production date how long is it normally for delivery? Is it at dealership a while for registration process?

Normally about 10 days to 2 weeks. It can be registered when it arrives at Zeebrugge. It'll need its pre delivery inspection at the dealership. We work on a 5 day maximum turnaround

Recently I'd asked my dealer for a screenshot of my cars progress and got this partial view back today.
7aa1ef85966139f22503d4bddbbc70af.jpg

In summary it was built in Sindelfingen on the 16th, then in Zeebrugge 4 days later, overnight to Killingholme (must look up where that is) then at the dealer the day after that.

Tempting to go over to look at it, though I'm scheduled for the formal pick up on the 1st March.

Recently I'd asked my dealer for a screenshot of my cars progress and got this partial view back today.

In summary it was built in Sindelfingen on the 16th, then in Zeebrugge 4 days later, overnight to Killingholme (must look up where that is) then at the dealer the day after that.

Tempting to go over to look at it, though I'm scheduled for the formal pick up on the 1st March.
Killingholme is north Lincolnshire. Hopefully mine will be there soon also!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Looking at that I guess mine missed the boat, being told earliest arrival is 9 Feb built 17jan
Killingholme is north Lincolnshire. Hopefully mine will be there soon also!

Do they get built in a single day? 9 days from build to delivery is pretty impressive!

That car park is HUGE!!

My van is now built and on its way, I only know its meant to arrive at dealership on the 15th.

Id like to know what ship its on so I could track it on its journer! How do I find that out?

Ask your dealer for a printout of their screen showing the tracking details. See above for the one I received from them. With that I got the route and timings, then Googled and found the site above that showed me all ferries putting that route. Only 1 ferry matched the exact sailing times within a few mins and it checked out as a RO-RO ferry too.

I got the idea to do this whilst search on the US MB forum and this post caught my eye! Hopefully since then there haven't been any more Mercedes sunk in the Channel!

89943e95c67ba8b51577be8b9a1a8912.jpg

I get the feeling that will be too much to ask of my salesman.. Not been great with info and you can tell anything is an inconvenience for him. :(

I think you maybe forgetting something here .You are the customer and you are spending a lot of money with them. So customer service is a right and you should expect not to be made to feel if you are inconviencing them. Remember ultimately you are paying their wages and keeping them employed.
I kept on and on until I got the information from my dealership, I did not care how much of a pain in the a**e I was. I am the customer and I expected a decent level of service.

That is the least you deserve.

Totally right, so I asked and he sent me a 2 page PDF including the info.

Being a Vito the factory is in Spain which it looks like it left on Thursday, going by this it obviously hasnt went on a ship just yet though.

25ad6bd2e138f768de073951027e62a0.jpg

Great,
Looks like you wil be getting yours very soon.

Looking forward to you posting the pictures of the new arrival:bannana:

Its meant to arrive next week but im waiting to get the new registration 1st March, be daft not to for sake of 2 weeks!

And yesterday I saw mine, signed all the paperwork and pick up today!!!!

Exciting Tim, what is it you are getting? Picture on pick up [emoji1360]

I think you maybe forgetting something here .You are the customer and you are spending a lot of money with them. So customer service is a right and you should expect not to be made to feel if you are inconviencing them. Remember ultimately you are paying their wages and keeping them employed.
I kept on and on until I got the information from my dealership, I did not care how much of a pain in the a**e I was. I am the customer and I expected a decent level of service.

That is the least you deserve.

Oh dear.

I'd love to track mine as well but the dealer its not reached zebrugge yet, ring back Monday! It was originally going to be 14/02 then 1st March, then 24th March but now there is confusion as when the dealer tries to track it it says it was in the factory for 12 mins! A right b*lls up. I have a VIN but doesn't look like there is a way I can track it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom