Traffic Subscription

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaunB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W213 Designo Hyacinth E63
Guys

The car I currently have(2014 E63) originally came from the UK mainland.
The live tom tom traffic information messages are all still mainland based messages, which is not much use to me.

Does anyone know how you make it change location, so that it is N.I based?
I don't see anything obvious in the navigation settings.

Many thanks.

I even asked Mercedes Belfast, but they just said we'll need to book it in, which in my mind means they don't know.

Not too clever S...you'd think the GPS would sort out the location.

FWIW, I had a good look at the COMAND system on my car and also can't see any way to get the Live Traffic to display for NI. I did wonder momentarily if there's a specific subscription option to add it, but that doesn't really make sense because Live Traffic works in France and Germany for UK cars "out of the box", so why would NI be any different :dk:

May be worth contacting Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance directly? I've always found them to be very helpful with technical queries. They're on +44 1908 245000

That's brilliant, I will give them a call.
Cheers

If that doesn't do the trick, you could disconnect the battery or pull the fuse to restart COMAND

FWIW, I had a good look at the COMAND system on my car and also can't see any way to get the Live Traffic to display for NI. I did wonder momentarily if there's a specific subscription option to add it, but that doesn't really make sense because Live Traffic works in France and Germany for UK cars "out of the box", so why would NI be any different :dk:

May be worth contacting Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance directly? I've always found them to be very helpful with technical queries. They're on +44 1908 245000
Well, I rang them.
They were most polite I must say, anyway I eventually spoke with a lady and have had success I believe.

I now have local traffic information appearing, but mainland traffic is also appearing.

Maybe its supposed to be like that, I don't know as I've nothing to compare to, my previous C63 only had TMC.

Do you guys have N.I. messages appearing - presume you do?

Anyway, she requested I perform a reset on COMMAND

I was experimenting with my COMAND at around 5pm yesterday and could see traffic symbols in mainland U.K., but not in NI even when I zoomed in to Belfast - which I couldn't believe had no slow traffic at commute time!

The Traffic Messages list only showed those with a GB symbol next to them, what do you get for (say) the A1 in NI?

Everything shows GB. So today I see roadworks on the M73 and M74 for the mainland, and the A6 has issues in N.I.

Update:

Thank you for contacting Mercedes me connect.

Life Traffic information updates can only be country based (UK). There is no separate service for Northern Ireland. UK Live Traffic should also provide updates in Northern Ireland. Please be informed that updates will not be provided in case server is unavailable (e.g. country side with poor network reception).

The Live Traffic information logo will appear in the top right of the display if your subscription is valid and server connection is available.

Should you have any further requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom