Travelodge Vs Premier Inn beds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
Has anybody stayed in both places recently?
I've not stayed in a Travelodge for about 10 years until recently, twice.
I found the beds OK last time.
The beds now are RUBBISH! :crazy: last time they gave me back ache, so my question is are the Premier Inn beds much better? :D

It has been a few years since I stayed in a Travelodge ( 5 or 6 years ) and I don't remember any problems with the beds .

However , for me , it would be Premier Inn every time as the always have a good restaurant either joined on or close by , whereas Travelodge have a vending machine in the foyer for crisps , chocolate bars etc , and that's as close as they come to a restaurant .

i stayed in premier inn a few weeks back, bed was fine, no problems at all.

I will never use travelodge again they have gone seriously down hill, last time I stayed there sheets were thin, bathroom was filthy and cracked tiles and matress on bed was so thin you could feel everything.

Premier Inn, no problem at all use them all the time, great beds, Pub & restaurant on site, basic food but good quality.

Travelodge Vs Premier Inn no contest Prmeier Inn every time

But don't for get Holiday Inn Express or Hilton

I just booked the Hilton in Newcastle for a weekend in October £49 per night per room :eek:

I use Premier Inns at least once a week.

Beds are very good if a little high off the ground.

They have some kind of good sleep guarantee, no idea how it works, I always stop the receptionist from telling me about it.

The newer ones are usuall the best. Some, city centre, ones have free parking in the nearest NCP for24 hours - handy if you're working in town the next day.

Dinner is usually poor, remember when Beefeater was a treat? No any more!

Breakfast is good as long as it's not self-serve for the hot items. Put the toast through twice and set off the smoke alarms, they love it.

Oddly enough, it seems that Travelodge and Premier Inn both buy their beds from the same company - Hypnos, who also supply some of the top 5-star hotels (although each hotel company probably has its own specification and budget).

Cheap-and-cheerful Malaysian chain Tune (also supplied by Hypnos) actually uses the quality of its beds as its main selling point: "5-star beds at 1-star prices", and this review of their first UK hotel from The Telegraph seems to bear this out: Inside the Tune hotel, 'Westminster', London - Telegraph

Keep using Premier Inns guys - all good for my Whitbread shares :thumb::thumb:

I think they give good value for money....

Agree with Ian - check out Hiltons - get a loyalty card and get free nights and air miles too..:thumb:

:confused::confused::confused:

... d'ya wanna tell us more??? :dk:

OK,

The bed's are a bit taller than normal, at least they are taller than mine at home.

Never fails to surprise me when leaping out of bed in the morning and the floor is a little bit further away than expected. :D

OK,

The bed's are a bit taller than normal, at least they are taller than mine at home.

Never fails to surprise me when leaping out of bed in the morning and the floor is a little bit further away than expected. :D

Get your self some high heels, sweetie :p

:D

Has anybody stayed in both places recently?
I've not stayed in a Travelodge for about 10 years until recently, twice.
I found the beds OK last time.
The beds now are RUBBISH! :crazy: last time they gave me back ache, so my question is are the Premier Inn beds much better? :D

Yep stayed in both this year. We went to a travelodge because the price was about £30 cheaper than the premmier inn. Never again - the room and bed was awful. :mad:

PremmierInn always from now on. :thumb:

Last edited:
Will Travelodge refund if you had a poor night? Premier Inn will - I've invoked it twice and they refund without question.

Doesn't really help though as I'm not paying for the room myself anyway.

I drove to Tenby & stopped at Ross on Wye Premier Inn, the beds were OK, :bannana:and the breakfast wasn't to bad.

I stayed in Travelodge, Premier Inn and Holiday Inn Express in June during a trip to South Wales.

Premier Inn was slightly better than Travelodge, With Holiday Inn Express being miles better than both.

Although that only applies to the ones I stayed in and does not mean all of one companies are better than anthers hotels. So given a choice it would be Holiday Inn Express for me every time.

I travel a lot but I never use these places I think they're dreadful. I always spend 1/2 an hour looking for private B&B or small hotel they usually represent much better value for money...just my twopenn'th

Premier every time for me.

Tavelodge Leicester, Nottingham, Okehampton and Belfast were not great tbh. I've found the mattresses to be quite thin as well. The staff were fine, just the rooms are not too great. I'm usually happy just to have a roof over my head and I am not too choosy, but even I sort of agreed with my overly fussy wife!

A "me too" for Premier Inns.

In the mid-1990s I stayed in many Travelodges around the country and they were consistently good. Not very good, not excellent, just good. But they were certainly consistent. I must have had 120-130 mostly single night stays over a 2-3 year period and you always knew what to expect.

Around then, the Forte group was taken over by Granada. Standards seemed to be maintained in the short term, but Granada quickly moved away from the 100% company-owned philosophy of Forte and towards franchising. There have also been further changes of ownership, with the Compass Group being followed by Permira. It is now owned by Dubai International Capital.

Nowadays, the vast majority of Travelodges are owned by franchisees. There is no longer any consistency. All they have in common is the booking service. Some Travelodges are excellent, some are very poor indeed, and you can no longer be sure of what you are going to get. Complaints don't seem to be dealt with - in Forte days, all complaints were treated seriously and thoroughly investigated.

Meanwhile, Premier Inn is doing exactly what Sir Charles Forte did with Travelodge and is building a mainly company-owned network with consistent standards. So it's Premier Inns, not Travelodge, when I need a cheap hotel, although I would far rather book via LateRooms.com and get a more individual hotel, often for less money.

Last edited:
Premier Inn have some of the best beds in the hotel business, Crowne Plaza is another good one if you like a softer yet supportive bed. Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza (same company) both supply different grades of pillow as well, soft for back sleepers and firm for sidesleepers. Travelodge is rubbish, better off in Ibis, similar quality, lower price but with 24 hr service and often decent food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom