• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Trouble with fitting head unit to vito.

foxcroc13

Car
vito
I currently have the standard sound 5 in my vito but have a sony double din touch screen from my old car i wanted to fit in it. I Have wired it up and for some reason it will only come on when the ignition is off for some strange reason ?

Was this stereo fitted in a Vauxhall before the van?

Reason I ask is because some years ago my friend had stereo wiring issues and the power wires are the other way around to normal in a vauxhall I think.

Yeap it had been wired in to 2 vauxhalls before this I brought new iso connectors for it so none of the wiring from the vauxhall is on it anymore. By the other way round what do you mean the live and neutral ? Do you know how he over come this problem.

Its going back a while, from what i can remember two wires needed swapping over. If you have new connectors its probably not this but might be worth checking if you can find a wiring diagram for your vehicle and double checking with the stereo.

I'm sure by the time you've done that someone that knows a bit more will have seen this and be able to help.

Unless the canbus is connected it will not work, it will sleep.
Can is the brown, brown-red twisted pair, get your self a can adapter or bin the radio and fit a nice audio 20 bluetooth unit or better still the NTG2.5 comand.
Keep an eye on ebay.

All the wires are connected and there is power to it because when the ignition is on i can still eject the cds it just doesn't turn on. I dont want to be binning this radio as i have just payed around 300 pound for it a few months ago and its a very good head unit.

So what is the canbus connected to then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom