Upcoming meets.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've organised a couple of meets over the last few years but it's like herding cats at times. I will be trying to get something sorted out for later this year but it's very tentative at the moment. When I get a bit more time I'll post something up in the events section.
Great news, thanks.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

We did try for one around Stafford or Cannock, but it fell through in the end. - You may find that if you decided on a firm date and location, people will agree to show up.

Was a shame that fell through. Initially I was up for that but in the end had to pull out, if I remember correctly the final plan was a Sunday evening which didn't work for me. Sunday mornings ideal.

If anybody decides to try setting one up as PodBodY notes set a fixed venue/day/time from the outset.

I'm up for a meet. I'm usually free most evenings

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The weather isn't great for meets at the moment anyway. Salted roads etc.

Organise one yourself :) I've organised a number of events over recent years and the secret seems to be to ensure the venue you choose has something of interest to get people to drive there in the first place. Just a cafe is not enough. But dealerships, motoring venues, other cars of interest etc all tend to pull the people in.

Once you have a venue, select a date, post up a thread in the Events section and encourage people to add their name to the list and ensure you keep the list current etc and thank people for their post.

You will always get drop outs on the day - that's just par for the course :)

As has been mentioned - summer is always better - people want to show their cars at their best, and Sunday mornings tend to work better than any other day/time :)

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom