upgrade Radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamiecherry

Car
a class
hello
I have a 2006 A200 and was wanting to fit a later Bluetooth radio.
I was thinking that a later A class Vito sprinter radio will fit but what i need to know is what other parts will be needed to work.

I have fitted the new radio and so far the steering wheel telephone buttons don't work and also not able to switch from radio to cd via the steering wheel. the glove box 6 disc changer now doesn't work.
My Mrs is now moaning that she's not got the auto changer and steering wheel controls!!!
not sure if im better fitting a parrot kit or something like that and sticking to the factory fit radio
any other options???

What have you fitted exactly??

Have you gone form...

A169-01.JPG

To...

319996d1279522163-audio20-bluetooth-audio-20-import-contacts.jpg

If so did you buy an adapter or swap the wires over?
The pin outs are different on each unit, so you need to make sure the can bus wires etc. are in the right pins, otherwise your steering wheel etc. won't work.

The old changer I don't think works either, but that unit will take a CD with mp3 albums on it, you can get around 6 cds at 320kbps on a single disc, that should keep her happy.

I'm in a very similar situation - A200 C169 2006 with Audio20 NTG2, and 6xCD changer, plus Bose power sound system with extra speakers and subwoofer...

Bought an almost new Audio20 NTG2.5, without doing my homework thoroughly (almost never happened LOL) - after further research, decided not to even try to install it - I can't sacrifice brilliant sound system for the sake of a doubtful update with very outdated technology.

Sold the NTG2.5 on eBay for over £100 more, than I paid for it ... some people are just mad.

Anyway, your CD changer is on optical network, that's why it's not working anymore - Audio20 NTG2.5 doesn't support MOST.

I would go back to your original HU, buy an auxiliary input cable, and bluetooth 3.5mm adapter, if you absolutely must have bluetooth, otherwise your CD changer can read MP3 files, that's hours and hours of music even at 320Kbps bitrate. :thumb:

The upgraded hifi makes it tricky, the rest is pretty easy.

The upgraded hifi makes it tricky, the rest is pretty easy.

The UHI is on fibre optic too ... I'll cost half the car's worth to fit everything right with NTG2.5 COMAND - just not worth it for such an old technology, in my opinion. The subwoofer and extra speakers in my car are simply brilliant!

UHI is redundant once you have the NTG2.5.

As I said, having the upgraded hifi makes it tricky as you need a new amp, otherwise easy.

Just saying in case others read this and think it is a hard install, if you have no upgraded amp system in there it is a 15-30 minute install.

I agree with you, I have just picked up a 2006 C320 and that ha the NTG2 Comand, and I have just bought a DABmotion Rola, and a 30pin bluetooth adapter for the ipod connection, this will bring it up to date for £120.

I do need to find a Viseeo MB4 or similar for phone at some point too.

But if I was taking that out I would buy another Pioneer double din.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom