• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Urgent: Doha Qatar Transit Visa

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
A quickie...

I've been looking online but can't find much... I'm going to India and one flight goes via Doha with a 10hour stay.

Do I need to get a transit visa for Quatar (British passport and Italian passport for my travel buddy)?

From what I can find, they issue transit visa's on entry... but they are only for 8 hours...

M.

Last edited:
A quickie...

I've been looking online but can't find much... I'm going to India and one flight goes via Doha with a 10hour stay.

Do I need to get a transit visa for Quatar (British passport and Italian passport for my travel buddy)?

From what I can find, they issue transit visa's on entry... but they are only for 8 hours...

You shouldn't need a visa as long as you're staying in the transit area of the airport. Which means you have a connecting flight and the necessary documentation (ticket, passport) to get on it.

You should only need a visa if you're leaving the airport (or at least leaving the airside section).

If you're unsure then check with the airline (or your agent).

yup... dont need to get a visa if youre remaining in the airport transit area...

+1 for the above advise. No visa needed as you stay airside in transit.

10hrs is a long time to stay in Doha Airport:doh: It's pretty "compact":D

Ah yes but it has the most luxurious lounge to be found in any airport anywhere right upstairs. You may wish to join just to experience the service. Makes Emirates lounges look positively ordinary....

Ended up finding the Qatar Embassy site... looks like I would need a visa as their "no visa waiver" program is only for stays up to 8 hours...

That said, hotels will arrange for the visa and give you a room for your (short) stay... the airline would arrange it all for £125...

Ended up changing airline and we are now going through Dubai instead... frankly, I'm not a fan of Dubai as it feels like one large fake shopping mall... but hey-ho... saves £100-odd squids each :p

M.

Good job. Use the 200 to buy some Gold at the dispensing machines in the airport then.......??

A friend of a friend did actually win the Ferrari raffle at one of the Arabian airports. He ended up selling it locally at a knockdown price because of the transport cost of getting it home, and the taxes and duty good old HMRC would demand.

Ended up finding the Qatar Embassy site... looks like I would need a visa as their "no visa waiver" program is only for stays up to 8 hours...

That said, hotels will arrange for the visa and give you a room for your (short) stay... the airline would arrange it all for £125...

Ended up changing airline and we are now going through Dubai instead... frankly, I'm not a fan of Dubai as it feels like one large fake shopping mall... but hey-ho... saves £100-odd squids each :p

M.

I've just checked with Mrs E - probably too late for you now but if you're not leaving the transit area you will not need a visa. As someone else said, there is a very nice transit lounge at Doha.

Always best to check with a professional - she's been doing this for 25 years :)

Last edited:
There's also a transit hotel at Doha which I have stayed at in the past.. good for catching up on zzz's and a shower!

There's also a transit hotel at Doha which I have stayed at in the past.. good for catching up on zzz's and a shower!

On second thoughts I may be thinking of Abu Dhabi or Bahrain.. sorry. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom