• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Urgent help required!

omega1

Car
E400d 2019 4matic (C238)
In a terrible pickle and battery on phone dying.

Can an MB local dealer program up a key for a C220 (2003) or does iit have to be ordered from MB in Germany?

Thanks

It has to come from the dealer and can be ordered for the next day from the uk parts HQ at Milton Keynes.

The can't be re-programmed.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Can I go direct to Milton Keynes to get the key done, or can it only be done through a dealership?

Thanks

Hi there,

Just a quick note to say thanks for the info last night. What a nightmare losing your only key 240 miles from home :doh:

I'm now £219.49 lighter and hopefully pick up my key in the morning so I can travel another 240 miles back to the car again to bring it home :doh:

For info, you need photo ID and the log book before they will accept the order.

Thanks again!

Hi there,

Just a quick note to say thanks for the info last night. What a nightmare losing your only key 240 miles from home :doh:

I'm now £219.49 lighter and hopefully pick up my key in the morning so I can travel another 240 miles back to the car again to bring it home :doh:

For info, you need photo ID and the log book before they will accept the order.

Thanks again!

Did you get the new type with chrome bits?

I pick it up (hopefully) first thing in the morning, will report back...

Here it is

Attachments

• IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 99
Cant see the key. Have you got a larger picture? ;)

Hehe. And there was me trying to get a pic on here as soon as I could for the benefit of others! ;-)

I can't guarantee the scale!

Cant see the key. Have you got a larger picture? ;)

I hope the car isn't to the same scale :rock::p

sorry to hear you lost your key... those seem majorly expensive, and the poultry amount covered by my insurance in the case of a lost key is about half that :( better than nothing i guess

OK, OK! Enough with the 'size jokes' :doh:

I'm pleased to say that the key worked fine.

Total cost of losing my key (not including having to take a day and a half off work? £427 :wallbash:

Look after your car keys!

Yup! Nice Xmas present... NOT!

OK, OK! Enough with the 'size jokes' :doh:

I'm pleased to say that the key worked fine.

Total cost of losing my key (not including having to take a day and a half off work? £427 :wallbash:

Look after your car keys!

yeah, once we get past the light hearted size banter, that is a bitter pill to swallow, and to me seems a VERY expensive rip off, because the key internals are going to be the same across many ranges/models, and i know they say they can't reprogram them .... but i bet the suppliers/makers can, and make a killing on "recycling" the internals.

I like the slight redesign on that new one you have, the chrome looks good as long as it doesn't deteriorate quickly on your key ring (although for that money i would expect a strong finish !) also, the positioning of the unlock and lock buttons seem further apart than others i've seen, mine is only a 2 button one, and it would be nice if there was a little more separation between the buttons

Lesson to be learnt! always have a spare available and in reach of someone who can expedite rescue..... My poor mother had to rescue me once, turned up with the wrong key though lol Also try and swap your No.1 key around every now and again to ensure the battery life is good and you dont end up with a dead key when you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom