Video of new bi turbo Diesel engines in C and E classes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
er... is that chain really at the back of the engine? That's gonna be a nice job to change!

Clever design though.

I have see and driven one of these cars and its very impressive but looks like a nightmare work on though.

I think most of the engine work would involve removing the engine first!!!!!!

er... is that chain really at the back of the engine? That's gonna be a nice job to change!

Clever design though.

Its at the Back!

isn't it supposed to be virtually maintenance free, a chain?

isn't it supposed to be virtually maintenance free, a chain?

Only as maintenance free as the autobox. As far as a fleet profile owner is concerned you never need to check the chain, change the ATF, replace a clutch etc. For those of us that keep them longer however...

E-Class - Interactive Owner´s Manual [Erleben]

Go for Agility
Then 4 cylinder diesel engines

Hmm. In addition to the lovely chain location, there does seems to be a great deal of plumbing attached to that engine with twice the chance of turbo related misery.

In terms of longer term ownership, petrol engines with natural aspiration must start looking increasingly attractive.

Turbo related misery? I've not heard any horror stories about Mercedes turbo engines, and for that matter neither saab nor volvo...

Turbo related misery? I've not heard any horror stories about Mercedes turbo engines, and for that matter neither saab nor volvo...

You must've been asleap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom