• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

vito 108 cdi 1999 problem .

zac1968

HI, Can anybody help please.

I recently changed the seal on a blown injector, this was a success, but i noticed in curing this problem another has started.
The engine will not rev past 4500 rpm. also it sounds a little more throaty than it did, and can hear a sort of quiet air rushing noise on acceleration. peformance is fair up to around 3000 rpm then it tapers off and will not rev more than 4500rpm.
I have changed the pressure switch and diesel filter. i have also had the exhaust checked.
could i maybe have a vaccum issue. :confused::(

We had a Vito and the intercooler pipe split which gave similar symptons. I thought max revs were around 4250 anyway :confused:. Good luck sorting the problem though.

hi rizzer

I am prety sure it used to rev up more than 4500 before, any how its more the lack of pull.. where can i find the intercooler pipe.:dk:

thanks chris

Hi ya, the vito only revs to 4500 and it will only do that under duress. If you have done the injectors check that both the air breather pipe in the middle of the intake pipe form the air cleaner is still attatched and also the turbo boost actuator is still attatched. Both will cause a hissing sound but the breather from the rocker box to the inlet pipe is the most likely suspect as they are only a loose push fit. It also wont go so well with this off. Just basicaly go along the full length of the pipe and check everything including the egr pipe is attatched.
The reason it tapers off after 3000 is that is where max torque is, there is not a lot of point in pushing it past 3500 unless in top.
Cheers Martin

Last edited:
The black rubber pipe that split on ours was the one between the intercooler and turbo, you get to it from underneath the vehicle. I had a 112 which I thought reved to 4250 but it must have been 4450 :doh:. It was sold last year but the speedo and rev counter didnt work properly for the last couple of years. A speedo isnt required for mot so I never bothered to much as I was quoted £600 plus to get it fixed.

Thanks for the replies chaps,

Martin is there a diagram i can download anywhere showing the correct connection of pipes etc on my engine, i know the pipe to the pressure switch is connected cos i changed the switch, dont remember seeing an air breather pipe in the middle of the intake pipe, also not sure about those others you mentioned. i have a copy of mercedes wis but didnt find the diagrams very good.

thanks again for any help::crazy:

Hi ya, look under the bonnet, start at the air cleaner (left side). You will have looking at the turbo feed/ inlet pipe working left to right, the little pipe that you replaced to the pressure regulator then in the middle at the back a bigger pipe that is the rocker box breather with an electrical connector, this pipe is a push fit and can come out. then at the and you have the EGR valve with its little pipe going to the egr regulator. You can see all these pipes by just looking under the bonnet towards the back. I think that either the rocker box breather has come off or it is split, if you have had an injector go this pipe can take a bit of a bashing from the blown out diesel. Another thing to check is that all the bolts 4 are still holding the egr valve to the end of the inlet manifold. The only other thing could be as mentioned the intercooler pipe but that wouled be an easy one to spot. I will take a picci tomoz if i get the chance

cheers Martin

walsi when you are on line could you make contact with me please 07712364083

walsi when you are on line could you make contact with me please 07712364083
His profile says he hasn't visited this forum since 2012. :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom