Vito 114BlueTec Urban Edition Auto (W447) Mods.

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
haha. Made me smile that did. :)

TBH I don’t mind spending on my van. (Or tools for that matter) as it earns me money.
What about a rear spoiler?

I wonder why it's called a spoiler.

Am a Mancy as well,
but a speke proper now am up ere.

I like the idea of re-trimming your own steering wheel (given it has so much switchgear)- but will it need to be removed and refitted professionally?
Usually, there's a ribbon (aka 'clock spring') behind the wheel and if that isn't installed spot on, it will get wrecked on full lock. One for a fortwo is a £500 touch. Alignment? STAR?

I like the idea of re-trimming your own steering wheel (given it has so much switchgear)- but will it need to be removed and refitted professionally?
Usually, there's a ribbon (aka 'clock spring') behind the wheel and if that isn't installed spot on, it will get wrecked on full lock. One for a fortwo is a £500 touch. Alignment? STAR?

surprisingly not that difficult. I did the Mondeo a few Years ago. 338BF368-5A0C-405D-AA2D-6062DAE18DDD.jpeg

The hardest on my Vi's was to crack the centre nut. I didn't want to put the pressure on the steering lock so pulled against the steering wheel.
No issue with the plugs, 2 of 'em on my 639's.
But I made the mistake of turning the ignition key with the plugs disconnected, that latched the alarm and it needed a Star reset. Now I have iCarsoft that might do the job.

Oh, there are location markers on the spline and wheel, on the 639.

Actually it takes 2.

One to hold the wheel and one to use the socket and bar.
As long as the bar is 2 metre long.

Actually it takes 2.

One to hold the wheel and one to use the socket and bar.
As long as the bar is 2 metre long.

surely the steering lock can assist. 🤓

surely the steering lock can assist. 🤓
Sure, but in the old days I seem to remember the car t leaves would shock and shatter a lock to have a car away.
Maybe these are stronger, as anti theft should be.
I just didn't want to chance it.

Impact gun does it best. Doesn't even need the steering to be locked. And if a puller is needed - circa £15 on the 'net. Without it, doubtful you'll get the wheel off and with all the switchgear on it, thumping on it is best avoided. I'd loan you both but the postage will be more than buying new - seriously!
PS. My Chevy wheel is no longer crooked.

Just ordered the steering wheel refurb from Jack @RSW‘s. It’ll be a few weeks turn around. Will post a wee photo when done. ✅

Ant, Just spotted these from the dealer in Cardiff, are they of interest to you?

Still not ordered wheels Dave as I just canny decide. Genuine MB wheels do appeal though and they’re actually cheaper than the ones I was considering. Given they’re original may well please my insurance company too as opposed to aftermarket ones.

I’ve defo decided on 17” wheels given that’ll mean a higher wall tyre so more forgiving on the bumps.

Here’s the 2 wheels I was considering BEFORE you posted the genuine ones:

AD384FC7-F7F3-4AD0-8386-EA3340845EA9.jpeg

F73DB111-3957-4A50-82B8-6205D70257E3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom