VW TDI Longlife Servicing - starte date in the UK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swiss Toni

MB Enthusiast
Car
Pedestrian
Morning

Can anyone point me to a t'internet link that gives the start date for "Longlife" variable servicing periods on VW TDI engines?

Specifically I am looking at 130 TDI engines - what was the date when the uk models came with the necessary sensors (and so required top quality longlife oil) to stretch/compress the service schedules.

I know that they had them by late 2003, but need to know when they were introduced (on Passat models if that helps...?).

I've searched but can't find the answer.

TYVM
:)

I think that they were introduced in late 2002, but... when the longlife variable service intervals were first introduced by VW on their PD engines you had the option of having the car on the new variable service regime or the old fixed interval regime. I had a 53-plate TDI PD150 Golf and although that was shipped with the longlife option "on", the lease company insisted on it being set to fixed service intervals prior to delivery, so I suspect that many VW PD cars will have been swapped to fixed interval in the same way. For that reason you'd probably have to do a VIN check with a dealer to be sure.

Swiss Toni,
Take a look at yesterdays Honest John article in Telegraph Motoring--it may be of interest.It refers to Audi longlife servicing and its possible attendant problems.
Regards

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom