• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 gtg in London

I would be up for a meet at Ace Cafe too, i don't mind showing off my rusty wings ;)

I could probably bring along a few friends too (also in W124's and various other 80 - 90s Mercedes)

K

Do you need permission from Ace cafe to set up a GTG there??

At most GTG's there, they usually have their own stewards on hand, all wearing hi-vis jackets.

At this point it would probably be wise to ring them up with a date in mind & to ask for the go ahead... This will also ensure there is no 'double booking' with some kind of 'biker meet' or 'Saxo owners club meet'.....

Do you need permission from Ace cafe to set up a GTG there??

At most GTG's there, they usually have their own stewards on hand, all wearing hi-vis jackets.

At this point it would probably be wise to ring them up with a date in mind & to ask for the go ahead... This will also ensure there is no 'double booking' with some kind of 'biker meet' or 'Saxo owners club meet'.....

Easy option would be to go on the Mercedes & BMW night :thumb:

No setting up needed, just turn up relatively early to get a parking space.

Did this with the 190 club the other month, worked fine (I think the BMW guys must have been a bit surprised at all the MBs though :o)

Will

Are non W124's welcome?

Would happily trundle over in the 55 work permitting

Are non W124's welcome?

Would happily trundle over in the 55 work permitting

They can't stop you going on a general MB night :devil::D

Will

There's a general MB and BMW night in June.

The rest of the year looks seriously booked as it is.

Perhaps plan B somewhere else, then we can have bouncers to throw out anybody with a Beemer or without rusty wings...

should keep it 124's only as its a 124 meet, the general meets is where you can attend with other models? :thumb:

isnt there any other venue with a bit more prestige? ace cafe will get rammed, which then we'll be forced to park on the road somewhere else especially if it is going to be shared with BMWs on that day (parking problems).

im only saying a different venue as it will be a good opportunity to take some awesome pictures with a bunch of beautiful 124's parked up in a line in front some nice scenery.

I'll try and pop along depending on the date etc - not sure my 300TE

Will

So what?!!As long as you don`t bring by trailer lol

So what?!!As long as you don`t bring by trailer lol

It's a workhorse not a showhorse :o

Still a great car though :)

Will

Will just bring it, its a car...meant to driven!

Nope :p

It's old and dirty with tatty front wings (and a bit of blistering by the rear side window) and has nearly 200k miles on her, I don't make a habit out of taking it out for pleasure :o

Last year I was shovelling soil straight into the back...About 1/2 ton at a time :doh:

Will

i am in deepest darkest dorset but with enough notice. i could make the trip. be nice to meet face to face guys fro m the forum, the wisdom alone would be immmense. :rock:

wouldnt this be the first official 124 meet? (or has it been done before)? plus if a more central location was organised too, then perhaps more members from other areas with 124's be able to attend?

it doesnt matter how ratty tatty your 124 is, it just goes to show that at least its still going and has plenty of life in her...nothing to be ashamed about!

I like the idea of a slightly more central 124 only meet. The 'bring what ever you have' nature to the meet would be good too. Should invite the photographer from ME with the 300TE to come too if anyone knows him?

I think it's a great idea to perhaps have a theme for 124s, but I've never known any of the MB meets organised through this club 'refusing' other models ;) Even non-MBs are more than welcomed at the various events and GTGs I've been to over the years :cool:

I'm sure we all have a common interest though :)

Will

I think it's a great idea to perhaps have a theme for 124s, but I've never known any of the MB meets organised through this club 'refusing' other models ;) Even non-MBs are more than welcomed at the various events and GTGs I've been to over the years :cool:

I'm sure we all have a common interest though :)

Will
Will:The whole point to this thread is for w124 owners,otherwise we would just come to the Brooklands gtg.
So if those gtg you`ve been with the 190 guys,why is 190s only on the pic?
That`s all we`re trying to do here :thumb::)

I agree Will but also with d w124, I think a GTG for W124s and other club members who want to come to admire the W124s is the right approach. If the space works, we can put all the W124s together, and hope they don't pick up any rust from W210s....or each other!

I'll start to look for a venue convenient for London and wider areas and if anyone has any ideas, thoughts gratefully received.

I like the idea of a slightly more central 124 only meet. The 'bring what ever you have' nature to the meet would be good too. Should invite the photographer from ME with the 300TE to come too if anyone knows him?

That`s a great idea,once we have a date i`ll write them :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom