• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 rear door cards

RKC-benz

Car
S124 E280 Est (Storm Trooper variant), R129 SL320, Hiace campervan
I am after a set of w124 rear door cards to replace the current versions.

I need black leather with the speaker fittings in the door handles ... It's for modest audio upgrades.

If anyone can help do please contact me via PM with photos.

Thanks very much in advance.

Your best bet is looking at ebay.de as I doubt you'll have much luck here

Not sure exactly what you mean by speaker fittings in the door handles? I don't think Mercedes ever mounted speakers in the rear door cards [ perhaps in estates?] so any fitment would be "custom"

The leather insert on the door card can be removed, like wise the door grab which would at least make shipping cheaper.

I think your best bet is is three pointed parts, mercman or dronsfields. I'd send them pics of the parts you want to prevent any confusion.

I thought about fitting the door grabs with the speakers built in to mine, but the size of the speakers you can fit in them are so small I couldn't see the benefit.

The best option for a sound upgrade on an estate is to try and find front door pockets with the space for sub woofers. These came from the factory under the "Premium Audio" option, and make a huge difference to the sound.

My car also has a larger sub mounted in the spare wheel which is ported through to the cargo space and tweaters mounted on the cheater panels that conceal the wing mirrors mounting points. All of the amps etc fit very neatly in what used to house the rear facing seats.

It was already fitted when I bought the car, so I have no idea how much effort went into the fitting, but the sound quality is really good.

I'd recommend a similar set up if you want a decent sound upgrade, as I doubt the small rear door speakers will get you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grober
Not sure exactly what you mean by speaker fittings in the door handles? I don't think Mercedes ever mounted speakers in the rear door cards [ perhaps in estates?]

Estates only Mercedes Benz W124 Türverkleidungen schwarz Sportline/Wurzelholz in in Bonn | eBay
if that is want you want then they are cheap at the moment, it depends on how much the shipping would be, and is the seller willing to post to the uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom