• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 Restoration

I think you're doing things the right way, that spec is good IMHO, especially the rear blind, e seats and column, the controls on the left are for the orthapaedi seats, they adjust the contour of the seat with air I think.

If you're going to strip a car right down and respray it, then a little more rust isn't the end of the world, and sometimes seemingly nice cars have been bodged in the past, or are just about to "break through" so you're in the same boat anyway, better IMHO to buy something cheaper knowing you'll have to do the work, than spend a fortune on something you think you're not going to, and then find you do! As happened to me! Sob sob sniff!

who did that???????????!!!!!!!!!

d-w124-albums-w124-picture1475-pict0897.jpg

my eleven year old (girl) can weld better than that :)

who did that???????????!!!!!!!!!

d-w124-albums-w124-picture1475-pict0897.jpg

my eleven year old (girl) can weld better than that :)
My ten year old girl was learning:thumb:

seriously, if you are going that far in your resto, I'd drop the rear subframe and check that over whilst you change the mounts and change the links on the rear axle.

all jobs you only have to do once and hugely beneficial if the car is a keeper

Last edited:
Sounds well specced Dash, those buttons on the side of the seats are the controls for the orthopaedic back rests in the seats. Good for those long journeys!!!

I agree that spec if more important than condition in these older cars as anything wrong with them cosmetically can be fixed fairly easily as can most mechnical faults.

After having problems to get the wider rear arches,i`ve decided to keep it standart.Pic to follow

update 2:

Steering Wheel:

I don't see any images :confused:

That steering wheel looks lovely, but the wood looks quite dark, well darker than the centre wood anyway...

Whats the crack with it?....what type is it?, leather bits look different to mine...

Well done for going through with this, great to see the all the time, effort & money being bestowed on this car that the car deserves...:thumb:

That steering wheel looks lovely, but the wood looks quite dark, well darker than the centre wood anyway...
Hard to find one to mach with the console
Whats the crack with it?....what type is it?, leather bits look different to mine...
Got it from germany about a year ago,but i don`t think is genuine mercedes part
Well done for going through with this, great to see the all the time, effort & money being bestowed on this car that the car deserves...:thumb:
Thank you mate :thumb:

Well boys,the car is finished and i love it.I`ll add some pic after when i get the EVO alloys on.

looking good when the wheels going on ?? so we can see some pics:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom