W124 walnut wood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 11979

Hi, I'm in need of a walnut heater control surround, the wood trim above the radio

It needs to be non air con and for an estate, i.e. Three cutouts on the left, one centre and one on the right for the buttons

I also need a walnut ashtray for the same vehicle

Thanks a lot

Hi

Do you have a pic of what you are after. I have the heater piece but not sure if it is walnut. I also have an ashtray.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hi

Here is walnut, the other option is zebrano which is stripey

Attachments

• image-382326335.jpg
    image-382326335.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 17
Calvin,

What's wrong with yours?

Thanks for looking Bruce.

Neil, I've removed the air con from my car so need less button holes, and the ash tray is missing

I'll have a look in my stock today.

I've got a lovely Zebrano one but all my walnut ones are for saloons, so lack the third hole on the left.

I do have a nice walnut ashtray holder though - missing the ashtray though, but I'll have another rummage.

wim0xd.jpg

j7q3gm.jpg

r8yred.jpg

Gerard Molloys in Armagh NI have an estate for breaking with the walnut ashtray etc in it. I was there yesterday & looked through the car.

If you phone them they could remove & post it to you

FYI: If it helps. I removed the damaged wood from my 124 Estate. Sanded it down with 1500 wet & dry to remove the scratches & cracks. Finished with a 2000 then 2500 wet & dry. Then used a Simoniz rattle can lacquer that is petrol & diesel resistant. Gave it several coats then polished up with wet & dry. It comes up like new.

Just be careful, not to go through the veneer with the wet & dry & use a good quality thick lacquer. Not the cheap runny stuff. Some pics in my album. Link in signature.

Problem solved and thank you to the very generous member who gave me an ash tray, a truly wonderful forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom