• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W203 suspension worn out and broken

And almost what I do in a year...:(
It does get me a bit annoyed that I need to replace 2 tyres every service (A or B) and one or another or alot of bushes every B service. TBH I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if they lasted more..

Paulo

In that case buy a truck and then you will have 1 million miles of happy motiring. A luxury passenger car has fixed life cycles for all of its components. This is part of the pleasure of the driving experience is having that fresh feel.

I would be using C32 parts including the thicker swaybar. I wouldnt waste my money on the same parts as stock. I did my bearings also and I havent looked back. It was a great improvement.

In that case buy a truck and then you will have 1 million miles of happy motiring. A luxury passenger car has fixed life cycles for all of its components. This is part of the pleasure of the driving experience is having that fresh feel.

I would be using C32 parts including the thicker swaybar. I wouldnt waste my money on the same parts as stock. I did my bearings also and I havent looked back. It was a great improvement.

Hey you sound like my dad...
Is that you dad....????:eek::D
My only gripe is when I start comparing the wear rates of bushes and other suspension parts (and tyres) to my previous Seat Toledo which I still own. Granted the 203 is much much better in almost all aspects, but suspension bushes where replaced twice in the Seat in 7yrs (417000Km). Have done that in the merc and it hasn't covered half of what the toledo has done. I admit parts are cheaper than expected but what would make me really happy would be if they would offer uprate parts. Something along the lines of:
standard replacement cost £X but we also have this heavy duty version which cost £2X (or whatever) but lasts much longer.

The probably do, I just am unaware...:rolleyes:

Paulo
but

I doubt it, but you could try asking for heavy duty or 'Taxi' spec parts.

Overall, it's just a bad design to use a compliance bush as a steering pivot.

Well its going for a 4 wheel alignment on Monday:)

My w210 105k and as far as i can see still original bushs everywhere apart from lower steering ball joints, all look new as i just waxoyled it:), its heavier than the wifes car, handles better, drives better ( feels more planted and inspires confidence) and the brakes are awesome compared to w203.

It must be good as she never complains when she has to drive it:rolleyes: and she hated all my landrovers.

Lynall

When mine failed its first MOT at 42000 miles due to wear in the steering joints, I emailed customer service complaining about build quality, but it feel on deaf ears.
Seems strange how something as simple as rubber/ neoprene or what ever joints don't last. Never had a problem with my old Fiesta I use for work.

We were talking about this at work the other day and not one fitter has had to replace any suspension bushs on their normal cars, focus, zafira, peugeot, landcruiser x2, yaris x2, rover! all similiar age to wifes car.

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom