W204 Aerial Amplifier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaycee

Car
C200
I have a 1957 C200 saloon (W204) which has developed poor radio reception. Discussed with several people including MB techs but getting very mixed messages re the cause. Seems most likely an aerial or aerial amplifier problem - I understand the aerial is in the rear windscreen but no one can tell me where the amplifier is located. I have pulled the fuse supplying the antenna system (fuse panel in boot) but no difference to reception so either no power to amplifier or amplifier is u/s. Of course it could be the radio itself! MB say there are 3 amplifiers fitted, ALL for the radio. Is that true? Can anyone help or suggest a fix? Thanks

...........how dumb. It should be a 2007 C200 (W204) of course. NOT 1957!!!!!

Think I have read in is under the roof headlining in the rear of the car. Try a google search to confirm this.

Thanks npuk....I have just found out it is where you say on the previous model (W203) so it is probably the same for my C200.

I also have poor radio reception on a 2010 C250. I have found out there is a fuse in the boot fuse box for this but can't find which one. Saw on another forum from a Google search that if this fuse has gone it seems affect the remote central locking as well. But.... My remotes appear to work as I would expect. Do you think the amp is dead? Do you also think it would be in the head lining as I read that it could be in the c pillar?

Mark

Buy a Bush DAB receiver from Argos, circa £25 plug into your Aux input and never worry about those little things ever again :)

I also have poor radio reception on a 2010 C250. I have found out there is a fuse in the boot fuse box for this but can't find which one. Saw on another forum from a Google search that if this fuse has gone it seems affect the remote central locking as well. But.... My remotes appear to work as I would expect. Do you think the amp is dead? Do you also think it would be in the head lining as I read that it could be in the c pillar?

Mark

Mercedes C Class w204 (2008 ? 2014) ? fuse box diagram | Auto Genius

fuse 84 in rear fuse panel maybe?

Thanks Grober, but the antenna module in that list is #46. There isn't a 46 in the boot fuse box though.

Sorry it's right. I was looking like a woman hahaha. Found it now but it's ok?

There are amps around the back windscreen. The very short cables from the windscreen plug into to them. DAB is on the right on W204 saloon. The main FM/AM/Remote locking is at the top (right of centre I recall), and the secondary one is on the left.

There are more if you have Keyless Go or TV

Cheers
Richard

(ps, "The main FM/AM/Remote locking is at the top" is why when that fuse goes the remote locking stops as-well. I imagine the amp is failing or the windscreen is damaged)

Hi Richard. Mine is the estate, is that the same. I don't have keyless, don't have T.V either.

One says Schwartz the says gelb

Schwarz translates to black. Not connected on mine. Gelb translates to yellow. Connected. Took a pic of it so I can show you but won't let me post it.

Hi Richard. Mine is the estate, is that the same. I don't have keyless, don't have T.V either.

Its different of course. The FM/AM/CentralLocking one is on the right rear side window. On the rear window there is one at the top right and one at the bottom left. I can't recall what the ones on the rear do

R

Thanks pal. Fuse #46 is definitely good. Reception still rubbish. Presumably the amp is shot then yes.

This comes up on google as the aerial amp so what's the fin style aerial on the roof for then if not the radio....GPS?

Fuse 46 is shared with;
Antenna Module
Anti Theft Alarm
Interior motion sensor
Tow-away protection

Is your car alarm in working order?

Dec

Alarm work fine. Set it with kids in the car & it went off as should do with interior sensors.

Must be a faulty amp then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom