W204 Bluetooth Sorted! A2DP Volume perfect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamesmall

Car
C220
As a lurker for several weeks without contributing, I thought it about time I give a recommendation.
I have a 2009 W204 C220. It has Bluetooth connectivity for calls, but no option for A2DP streaming, and this is important for me. I have an aux in port in the glovebox, which works but suffers from the low low volume, reduced bass and altogether naff quality.
I had a Bluetooth receiver, which again worked but as it was using the same input as the aux, was very quiet with a loud "hum" because it had to be turned up full.
As much as I'd like to have the official Command Module from MB, spending hundreds of pounds for audio was not possible. I needed a Bluetooth receiver which could draw power through the 12V cigarette lighter, be able to be plugged into aux jack but have an amplifier so the sound can be increased.
Then I discovered:

DROK

Plugs into cigarette lighter with micro USB wire, plugs into aux input using wire provided. Turn amplifier up to full (no hum or buzz) and voila!!
Sound is crystal clear, same volume level as radio and CD, and auto connects whenever you turn the key.
Plus, you can be connected to both MB for calls and DROK for music at the same time. The ONLY negative, is you cannot control the music playing through steering wheel controls as it's technically an AUX input.

But all in all, at a fraction of the cost of COMMAND, it really is super!!

(P.s sorry for lengthy write up, I got excited!)

As a lurker for several weeks without contributing, I thought it about time I give a recommendation.
I have a 2009 W204 C220. It has Bluetooth connectivity for calls, but no option for A2DP streaming, and this is important for me. I have an aux in port in the glovebox, which works but suffers from the low low volume, reduced bass and altogether naff quality.
I had a Bluetooth receiver, which again worked but as it was using the same input as the aux, was very quiet with a loud "hum" because it had to be turned up full.
As much as I'd like to have the official Command Module from MB, spending hundreds of pounds for audio was not possible. I needed a Bluetooth receiver which could draw power through the 12V cigarette lighter, be able to be plugged into aux jack but have an amplifier so the sound can be increased.
Then I discovered:

DROK

Plugs into cigarette lighter with micro USB wire, plugs into aux input using wire provided. Turn amplifier up to full (no hum or buzz) and voila!!
Sound is crystal clear, same volume level as radio and CD, and auto connects whenever you turn the key.
Plus, you can be connected to both MB for calls and DROK for music at the same time. The ONLY negative, is you cannot control the music playing through steering wheel controls as it's technically an AUX input.

But all in all, at a fraction of the cost of COMMAND, it really is super!!

(P.s sorry for lengthy write up, I got excited!)

Nice result.

Comand in a pre model year 2012 W204 wouldnt give you A2DP in any event!

Thanks for this very useful advise James. I just went on Amazon and ordered the same box for my car but I don't see any power adapter in there that I could use to power the box in the car. Did you have to order additional one or you have some workaround for it?

I know this is very old but the link is dead and I was wondering if anyone knew what device was being used? Or a good alternative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom