W204 C63 Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheers.

I'm off for a trip over the moors to Whitby next week so will be exploring manual mode. Having driven VW DSGs for the last 8 or so years I've tended to use auto around town , in traffic etc and manual on an open road. Looking forward getting to know the new car in manual soon :)

I do the same, comfort for town/traffic and manual when its time to enjoy.

I have seen 30 mpg on mine but that was only 53 miles and doing 50. I usually get 26-27mpg when i stick to 70mph. However this is the OBC and i haven’t done a true brim to brim measurement yet

something about white C63 AMG's, they look stunning. Enjoy.

27.1mpg.....that must be impossible. The best I have managed was 23-34mpg but that was driving at a steady 65mph with a 5% tap on the throttle.

27.1 mpg over 140 miles? Is that even possible? You checked its got a 6.2L V8 under the hood?

Computer said so, will check how accurate the computer is when I fill the tank. It definitely had a V8 when I set off, I Just stuck to the speed limits.

something about white C63 AMG's, they look stunning. Enjoy.

27.1mpg.....that must be impossible. The best I have managed was 23-34mpg but that was driving at a steady 65mph with a 5% tap on the throttle.

I used cruise control set at 70 (other than about 10 miles in some roadworks at 50) out of 140 miles 115 were on the motorway with no holdups.

I have managed in the 27mpg range a few times going down to Worcestershire ...

About 240 mile round trip,speed limits observed..

Nice car. You doing the Pickering to Whitby road? Great journey but watch that off camber downhill left hander coming into Staithes. The nose heavy beast will pivot right round there unless you watch it. On mpg ... it depends how far MB Newcastle is from a clear motorway. I've seen over 30mpg on mine but only if you start your journey at pretty much 60mph and keep that steady for a lot of miles. It's rare because I never want to drive it like that - but when I have my ma in the car its possible to see 30mpg. She lives 300 metres from the motorway sliproad so I pretty much start the journey at 60mph.

Nice car. You doing the Pickering to Whitby road? Great journey but watch that off camber downhill left hander coming into Staithes. The nose heavy beast will pivot right round there unless you watch it. On mpg ... it depends how far MB Newcastle is from a clear motorway. I've seen over 30mpg on mine but only if you start your journey at pretty much 60mph and keep that steady for a lot of miles. It's rare because I never want to drive it like that - but when I have my ma in the car its possible to see 30mpg. She lives 300 metres from the motorway sliproad so I pretty much start the journey at 60mph.

Thanks. Yes I do Pickering to Whitby, will definitely take it easy and watch out for the corner you mentioned. MB Newcastle was about 4/5 miles from M Way. It took about 30 miles to get to 27 mpg then it was steady all the way home.

IMG_4135.JPG Had a very enjoyable drive over the moors to Whitby today, arrived in a much shorter time than normal :)

Discovered what the settings are on the gearbox controller:

C - Comfortable and relaxed
S - Smile
S+ - Smile + Warp Drive
M - Me deciding when to smile

Amongst all of the other great things about the C63 is how comfortable the ride is (I'm on 19inch rims). No signs of the back end stepping out or traction control light.

I think I'll be visiting Whitby much more often now I've got the C63 :)

7F7FD713-349F-45B5-801F-38753BAE33C5.jpeg
27.1 mpg over 140 miles? Is that even possible? You checked its got a 6.2L V8 under the hood?

Driving sensibly it is possible, just.

This is what I got out of my 205 C63 estate last year

Do many C63 owners change to winter tyres? I'm considering looking for. A set of 18inch C63 alloys and putting a set of winter (or just cold and wet weather) tyres. I'd read that the winter tyres outperform "summer" tyres at temperatures below 8degrees

Unfortunately the nearest Shell station is 6 miles away, Tesco is further, BP is nearest , do C63 owners use BP Ultimate ? I see it's rated at 98 RON.

Hi, nice looking coupe . I toyed with winter tyres and didn't, then it snowed. I shall next year as it wouldn't move for 3 days . Bit too late in the season to bother now.
I have 19" but was told 18" maybe better in winter. Not sure how true that is?

Great drive to Whitby! I live in Hartlepool and try to get a run in whenever i'm home for a decent amount of time in the car.
I have winter tyres on mine but it's compulsory in Germany in these months. Would I bother in the UK? Not so sure as our winters are never as bad as Germanys and the tyres come for a hefty fee for the x amount of days they are needed.

Car looks great by the way.
Dan

IMG_0680.JPG IMG_4148.JPG Got to work today on giving the C63 some TLC with the detail spray and clay bar, half done but looking good. I was pleasantly surprised how clean the engine bay was and discovered who built my engine, Benjamin Schlund :)

IMG_4149.JPG Got one of these today on the recommendation of a fellow Member and C63 owner. Great bit of kit for blowing water out of all the places it likes to hide after washing the car.

you could literally eat your dinner off that engine block!

I'm half way through giving the car a thorough detail. The car was generally in very good condition all round when I got it from MB Newcastle but the engine bay was a very pleasant sunrise. The only area that needed a wipe down was around the top of the front suspension turrets. The underside of the side skirts are taking some effort though.

IMG_0697.JPG IMG_0699.JPG After two days in the garage the car has now been fully clayed and cleansed ready for some Zymol Carbon (left over from when I owned a Morgan Roadster). Amazing the amount of dirt which the clay brings off, the photo is just what came off a clean looking passenger door! I love the feel when the clay starts to run smoothly over a panel, you know that when the polish goes on it's going to look and feel great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom