W204 C63 Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_0709.JPG IMG_4168.JPG IMG_0716.JPG IMG_4173.JPG Day 3 and the job is completed, car has been fully detailed and has come up a treat :)

I've gone through every part of the car , all 4 wheels off. The only area I think is letting it down now are the discs. They are in good condition with very little wear but the sections below the braking surface are showing their age. Has anyone painted theirs without removing them? I've thought of just giving them a coat of smooth silver Hammerite paint. I'm not keen on using a spray paint as from my experience the overspray always gets somewhere unexpected. Thoughts on this most welcome.

Has anyone painted theirs without removing them? I've thought of just giving them a coat of smooth silver Hammerite paint.

Yeah I did mine with smooth black hammerite. Dead easy to do with them on the car.
Just make sure to do a few mm onto the surface where the wheel bolts to as its exposed when the wheel is back on.

Yeah I did mine with smooth black hammerite. Dead easy to do with them on the car.
Just make sure to do a few mm onto the surface where the wheel bolts to as its exposed when the wheel is back on.

Thanks for that tip, I wouldn't have gone over the face without you pointing that out :thumb:

6779E7CD-1856-4856-98CE-7A8F136A0414.jpeg
I did mine with black brake calliper paint but did do them off the car rather than in situ.

I did mine with smooth silver hammerite by brush. The wheels need removing every couple of months to keep the painted surfaces clean and I'll paint them again this spring.
SP9xg8s.jpg

Think I'll be off to get some Hammerite tomorrow and give it a try.

Wait until the weather is warmer unless you have a warm garage:D. The paint gets really thick and difficult to get a smooth coat when its too cold.

Wait until the weather is warmer unless you have a warm garage:D. The paint gets really thick and difficult to get a smooth coat when its too cold.

That's a very good tip, much appreciated , the garage is not too cold but it's probably worth waiting a few months to get a decent finish. It's just a bit irritating that these are the only bits that are actually showing their age.

Just done excact that last weekend. Looks so much better

Nice stuff. It will feel better than brand new.

I need to do this on mine too when the westher gets a bit better. Was thinking of using a clay mitt, supposed to work just as well as a bar...

I need to do this on mine too when the westher gets a bit better. Was thinking of using a clay mitt, supposed to work just as well as a bar...

I've only ever used the clay bar, it takes time but you do learn about every part of the car and the finish is fantastic once you get the wax on.

:confused: I would have thought the paint would just stick to a mitt

Looking Stunning Andy........

Great Work and very satisfying once you've finished it.

Mine needs a post winter storage detail.

Looking Stunning Andy........

Great Work and very satisfying once you've finished it.

Mine needs a post winter storage detail.

Thanks Jim, seeing yours inspired me, just need it to warm up enough to get the centres of the discs painted.

Just waiting for my daffodils to start coming through ........... That means the car season is upon us........ LOL

Just waiting for my daffodils to start coming through ........... That means the car season is upon us........ LOL

Daffodils or not I'm off to Whitby Sunday morning for breakfast, will come back via Stoaksley and Helmsley :cool: which will be more cleaning and polishing on Monday :)

HahaHa..... Only if we're lucky :(:(:(

Been "Up North" a year now and realising that it's not quite as warm as Sunny Portsmouth.

Houses a lot cheaper though, so more to spend on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom