W204 C63 Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
HahaHa..... Only if we're lucky :(:(:(

Been "Up North" a year now and realising that it's not quite as warm as Sunny Portsmouth.

Houses a lot cheaper though, so more to spend on the car.

Snow drops are out so they will have to do for me ;)

IMG_0795.JPG IMG_0796.JPG IMG_0797.JPG IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0799.JPG AIMG_0800.JPG

After the ride to Whitby at the weekend the C63 was in need of some TLC using two buckets and a sheepskin wash mitt. Thankfully the 4 days spent in the garage last week detailing the car and giving it a coat of Zymol payed dividends and it cleaned up very easily and the water was beading nicely on the paint when I rinsed it. The Air Blaster which Jim Green recommended had its first proper workout today and it's a great bit of kit for getting water out of all the places it likes to hide and hard to dry off. :)

Looking really good Andy, spending the time to really detail a car does pay off benefits for quite some time when it comes to cleaning them off after a wet run.

Glad your happy with the Air Blaster, certainly one of the best items I have in my garage next to my DA Polisher. I've built a quite a collection of detailing tools over the years, so if you ever consider giving it a machine polish using a really good and safe machine, let me know.

Looking really good Andy, spending the time to really detail a car does pay off benefits for quite some time when it comes to cleaning them off after a wet run.

Glad your happy with the Air Blaster, certainly one of the best items I have in my garage next to my DA Polisher. I've built a quite a collection of detailing tools over the years, so if you ever consider giving it a machine polish using a really good and safe machine, let me know.

From previous experience with a Morgan I knew the car would clean up very easily after being detailed and waxed. The Air Blaster is great , finding more uses for it every day, used it to dry my push bike after cleaning it today. I'd love to give the Polar Bear a machine polish but I'm a bit hesitant not wanting to get it wrong and damage the paint. Next time you're using yours if you let me know I'll come over to see how it's done. :)

Well reading this and looking at some reviews, I have just ordered the air blaster as well. Car is due for a detailing weekend very soon

HahaHa..... Only if we're lucky :(:(:(

Been "Up North" a year now and realising that it's not quite as warm as Sunny Portsmouth.

Houses a lot cheaper though, so more to spend on the car.

If you think Hull is cheap, try North, North.. Get a house in Hartlepool and you will have enough for a GTR for a run about.

Dan

CE6DCC28-1396-47D8-8BA8-AC0E7B0B9633.jpeg 452FEDB7-17DC-4CEB-9057-4128866C1155.jpeg 6441F47E-2947-4C5A-9F4D-CAF6B6C9B638.jpeg Now the weather has warmed up enough for the paint to go on nicely I’ve made a start on painting the bells on the discs with smooth Hammerite. Next job is get the car out more to get a shine on the braking surface :)

Looking Good Andy, I did my fronts last year and they're still looking good, need to do the same on the rears, a job for a rainy day.

2C587FDF-1578-4D21-B39C-BD160827F8EC.jpeg E6E4741F-6822-4A30-96E7-C1E163AF7754.jpeg 32B634E1-40A4-43E3-AD1D-05E15EDE6464.jpeg
Looking Good Andy, I did my fronts last year and they're still looking good, need to do the same on the rears, a job for a rainy day.

Cheers Jim

Off side completed. Will back the car in tomorrow after I’ve been to MB to get the Mercedes Me thingy fitted and get the nearside sorted. Can’t be having shabby looking discs :) need to get plenty of miles in over the moors to polish those discs :)

Looks mint bud,beautiful in white

Thanks , I love the C63 in white but it does take a lot of TLC to keep it clean and I don’t like it being dirty. Slightest bit of dirty water means buckets and wash mitt out again, a decent layer of Zymol wax does help with the cleaning though :)

ECC54B03-B766-404F-84F4-D45806616A83.jpeg 38123D3E-0F20-4C81-9D10-08A7D1139436.jpeg CADF54D9-731F-44D9-B6A0-094D3C358900.jpeg A52397A7-6288-4FFA-BCDB-1A838F5A5777.jpeg All 4 discs now done , about an hour per wheel :) Gave the alloys a good clean and wax inside and out at the same time. The edge of the discs still, have rust but the now bells look brand new unless you are right up to the wheels. This has got to one of the cheapest improvement you can make with the biggest impact on the car. Everything looked great except the bottom of the discs, which my eye was constantly drawn to. The smooth Hammerite silver was £6 and 12 half inch brushes where £5 off Fleabay (use em and throw em!). I’ve only used a small amount of paint so plenty left. I reckon this was well under £1 a corner, car now looks way better. The fronts are a lot easier to do as you can spin the disc and work from the top. The rears are more tricky as you have to paint it in one position. If you’re thinking of doing it , don’t forget to paint your Nuts ;)

I've used that paint on the rears but not on the front as I assumed the heat generated from braking would be too much for the paint? How is it holding up?

I've used that paint on the rears but not on the front as I assumed the heat generated from braking would be too much for the paint? How is it holding up?

Bit too early to tell, I’ve only done them over the last week and not had a really good run yet to get the brakes hot. I don’t do High mileage around 5k a year so if they need redoing it’s just a few hours work to pacify my OCD ;) A few other folk on here have used Hammerite and I’ve not seen any adverse comments. Time will tell, brakes look way better painted :cool:

As far as I know Hammerite will bake well and harden once heated to extreme temps. Will last for a long time. Just the job.

Next job will be to get the alloys redone in gloss black with a diamond cut finish. I saw similar multispokes on a new white SL400 in the local MB dealer and with the black centre caps looked great against the white. I may add a set of Affalterbach centre caps to my Xmas prezzie list to Santa. ;)

2825A41C-5743-4A94-945D-F8F686695E5B.jpeg 41263818-A476-40BE-968F-3C162FAE5933.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom