• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 facelift and the Ipod!!!

ecain63

Car
'62 C63 PPP Saloon. Red. V5 Map. Remus exhaust. 181mph at Vmax stealth
I had a 2010 C63 with all the trimmings and my ipod worked just fine with the MB Interface cable. I then bought a 2014 A45 and with the same cable the Ipod it also functioned 100%. Now i have a 2012 W204 C63 with all the same trimmings as the first and the Ipod is no longer recognised by the car. It's a genuine MB Ipod cable and the Ipod is a 4th gen Nano.

Any idea why it's not working? Nav screen simply says interface not recognised.

No issues for me, even using a Gen 2 Nano that I've has for years that is solely for my cars. Plays via USB using only the white Apple iPod cable, and displays artwork. I switch between this and Bluetooth playback from my iPhone, although I've not tried my phone via USB yet, using the while Apple Lighting cable.

Maybe try the Apple cable?

I have a usb it asks me trust this computer when I connect my phone to it iPhone 6 but doesn't charge the phone while connected
It will start then stop immediately and the noise will sound on the phone like it's connected to a charge but instantly stops
I can't remember if the first time I used it it worked or not

Any idea why it's not working? Nav screen simply says interface not recognised.
When we picked up Angie's used 2015 SLK55 a few weeks ago, we arrived home and the Media Interface refused to recognise either her iPhone 5 or my iPhone 6. I reset COMAND (System Menu > Reset) and it now works fine.

Note that resetting COMAND will delete all stored data on it, so don't blame me if it doesn't cure the problem and you have to reload the Music Register, etc. :D

When we picked up Angie's used 2015 SLK55 a few weeks ago, we arrived home and the Media Interface refused to recognise either her iPhone 5 or my iPhone 6. I reset COMAND (System Menu > Reset) and it now works fine.

Note that resetting COMAND will delete all stored data on it, so don't blame me if it doesn't cure the problem and you have to reload the Music Register, etc. :D

Hmm! I'll give that a shot mate. <Many thanks.

Woohoo! It works. I need to sort out the coding for some of the tracks but at least it's been recognised (through USB, not the interface cable mind you).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom