W205 - Product Guide for MY16 UK ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the info, went to see mine at the dealers compound last Tuesday and just says C220d on the boot
thats good to know as I was hoping mine wouldn't say bluetec so maybe going by what you have said it won't. Thanks.

Thats fantastic. Thanks so much... Really helpful and I like the black instead of chrome in the interior also as I have ordered the AMG Line it looks better but personal preference I guess.

C300h

Hi I have ordered a c300h estate black Amg line premium plus package cranberry red leather, black ash trim due for delivery mid November fingers crossed!

Does anyone know if the pre entry climate control is going too be available on this car or is it only the c350e?

Mine was delivered end July and was a 2016 model. No worries it will be the new model.

Mine was delivered end July and was a 2016 model. No worries it will be the new model.
Thanks. Do you have any pics? Preferably to be able to see the interior and external changes?

Not sure if yours is AMG Line or not but would be good to see some pics of the MY16 as I test drove a MY15 and would be nice to see the differences. Much easier in pics than an brochure.

I was hoping they'd change the bolt-on ipad like screen to a more integrated one, only thing I'm not too keen on.

Daznoon search my name as I posted some pics in a thread. Bit less chrome on the wing mirrors an front an back. I hardly noticed the difference

I was hoping they'd change the bolt-on ipad like screen to a more integrated one, only thing I'm not too keen on.

The ipad tablet has actually got very good quality visuals on it. Most of the menus can be accessed from the controls on the dash or using the controller. The mouse is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. To my mind far superior to audi, bmw especially in command mode.

The ipad tablet has actually got very good quality visuals on it. Most of the menus can be accessed from the controls on the dash or using the controller. The mouse is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. To my mind far superior to audi, bmw especially in command mode.

That's interesting, I used it on the CLA briefly (non command), seemed ok, maybe it's better on the C class.
I think I just have a preference to screens being more built in like the S class, looks a bit neater.

So where is the good news in the My16 spec? All they seem to have done is removed some of the external and interior chrome bling. Removed some of the lighting like the red warning lights in the doors, the illuminated cup holders and rear foot well lights and put it into a lighting package and put the price up by nearly £400 as well as putting up the option packages.

And the biggy for me is the Burmester sound upgrade is now part of a £3000 package and the grey wheel upgrade has been discontinued.

Oh I do now get a button for lumber support that I doubt I will ever use and if I do it will be just once. I think I prefer My15 to be honest and wished I put in my order 2 months earlier.

Last edited:
Yes I know what you mean. I wanted the burm without the other stuff but not possible. Still the pan roof and the command system are solid positives though I might not have picked them initially.

I looked long and hard at nearly new and demos but none had the spec I wanted so had to bite the bullet on the premium plus. I think this is why the packages came in, to put in the most popular options so that on selling there is a more uniform product.

My best option so far has been the intelligent led lights and glad I chose them over leather.

There is no doubt that there is more money to be made by selling a package and removing the ability to order individual items like the Burmester. As Camchan has stated he has bought a car with a package containing items that he probably would not have ordered. I ordered the £630 Burmester upgrade and was then told yes you can still have it but it will now cost you over £3000 as it is now packaged. I went without and all because I was stuck with the MY16 build that has given me nothing I wanted but has taken away some of the things I quite liked.

I have to say the MB is unusual as normally cars gain kit as time goes on rather than taking kit away.

Last edited:
I've seen a fair few C Class images posted on Instagram that are 65 plates but they don't seem to have the changes mentioned in the brochure. Didn't think this could be the case?

Well mine has the changes as no Burmester or grey wheels due to the year change. Ordered 8th May and due at the dealer 9th October

I've seen a fair few C Class images posted on Instagram that are 65 plates but they don't seem to have the changes mentioned in the brochure. Didn't think this could be the case?

Dealers will be selling the old ones until they're all gone. We still have a couple of CDi's left. They don't just bin them, there's a crossover period

Dealers will be selling the old ones until they're all gone. We still have a couple of CDi's left. They don't just bin them, there's a crossover period

Makes sense then - thanks.

See JBD, not a huge fanbase for these packages I'm afraid.

Packages are great, but you have to still offer the options individually too.

Especially when it is basic options like upgraded sound, xenons, ambient lighting etc. etc.

Have a word with the big guns mate. ;)

See JBD, not a huge fanbase for these packages I'm afraid.

Packages are great, but you have to still offer the options individually too.

Especially when it is basic options like upgraded sound, xenons, ambient lighting etc. etc.

Have a word with the big guns mate. ;)

We're mainly getting a good response to them in the showroom, not many complaints. People like the fact that they're cheaper than individually paying for options

....except many options can't be bought individually like my Burmester that I really wanted but not at a package price of over £3,000 that includes a sun roof. No good for me with a 6ft 7" son!

Last edited:
Sorry that is a blinkered view imho, this is what the guys at Audi said when they started with packages, same with BMW, problem is the guy who prices up a car and sees it is getting too expensive because they need a £3000 package for a £500 option just doesn't go into the showroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom