W208 BAS & EPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ht23

Car
CLK 200 Coupe Kompressor (C208), 2022 Skoda Octavia, 1993 Renault 19 Cabriolet
I got my W208 (CLK 200 Komoressor Auto) back today and during my 100mile drive home I lost ABS and EPS. I’ve tried disconnecting the battery and doing the reset by turning the steering wheel etc however it didn’t work.

The battery is 8 weeks old and when the car is off shows a voltage of 12.6.

The car had welding work done to the front passenger side suspension mounting, should the removal of the suspension to do the work have caused this to happen?

Car is pre OBDII so no idea in diagnostics.

Anything else I can try or check? Thank you

Last edited:
Could be brake light switch not working no-more?
See if you still have brake lights working

Could be brake light switch not working no-more?
See if you still have brake lights working
Just double checked - brake lights are working so switch is fine
Have a look at the wiring for the speed sensor on that wheel.. could be the brake light switch as that has two circuits..
Will check that Friday when I’ve got the day off work, thank you
Did they disconnect the battery when welding?
No idea tbh. Didn’t think to ask and radio needed code entering when the car went there so can’t use that as an indicator

Just thinking back, there wasn’t these warnings 4 weeks ago when I gave the car a tidy before it was taken by the transport company and nothing noted from them so does seem like something during the repair process may have done something. Will check speed sensor later in the week. Cheers all

Welding with the battery connected can sometimes play havoc with ECU's and electrics

Welding with the battery connected can sometimes play havoc with ECU's and electrics
So far nothing else seems to be wrong but I seriously hope not 😓

We can guess what the culprit is, take your car to a garage and connect it to star reader, then you should probably get the correct answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom