• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

w208 brake woe

chrisf-1

Car
W207 2010 E class 350cdi convertible
Hi everyone I have a 99 320 CLK cab sport on the last mot was an advisory about both rear disc guards (plates) rusting I have renewed them along with pads discs and shoes, the handbrake could not be completed on the first attempt because the activator meaning the bit on the business end of the cable N/Side was damaged does anyone know if this is available separately from main agents or anywhere else as I am using without at the moment and MOT is due next week I fitted mintex brake pads and the brakes are squeaking loudly when coming to a stop at normal speeds any suggestions greatly appreciated many thanks Chris

Yes it's available separately for a few pounds at the dealer

many thanks for that Wayne any suggestions on the squealing Mintex pads they are fitted on to ebay grooved and drilled discs the braking has improved greatly but the squealing noise is like a pig heading for the sausage factory any advice there gratefully received would copperslip behind them be worth a try many thanks again Chris

Hi again everyone can anyone talk me through or give me any useful tips on replacing the N/S handbrake cable thanks Chris

many thanks for that Wayne any suggestions on the squealing Mintex pads they are fitted on to ebay grooved and drilled discs the braking has improved greatly but the squealing noise is like a pig heading for the sausage factory any advice there gratefully received would copperslip behind them be worth a try many thanks again Chris

Hi yeah copper slip on mating faces of pad and caliper is always the way to do it and also clean mating faces on calipers with small file and Emory cloth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom