• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W210 E300D - +Trip to The Ardennes?

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
Hi All,

Here’s my E300d, 1996, Non turbo, 120k miles.

redebd1.jpg
redebd10.jpg
redebd3.jpg

It’s got the usual w210 rust problems, but not as bad as some others that I’ve owned, in particular, there is no problem on the door tops, and the area around the headlights seems free of invasion.

The thing that makes it stand out for me is the interior. It is absolutely tip-top. I’ve not seen a front seat so unmarked after even this relatively low mileage. The whole interior is almost like new. It’s a great colour combination too - please pass me the Werther’s originals. The top missing from the mirror adjuster and a wobbly cruise control stick – I think the last owner thought it was the indicator and forced it – are about the only things that stop the inside being 100%

It has full main dealer history of fourteen services, save one missed.

Mechanically it’s fine and dandy; starts first time, stops quickly and straight, the air con works nice and cold, the cruise works and it has parking sensors which function very well. It has a factory fitted alarm, two keys a ten CD changer and Blaupunkt. The sunroof is glass and the headlining is perfect. It has driver and passenger front airbags as well as side bags for each of the front occupants. Electric memory seats for the driver.

If you like to see a really nice example of a well kept 210 interior, please click on this photobucket link for around 70 expandable thumbnails.

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t205/isobars/W210/?start=all

Or, if you don’t want to see all those, here are a dozen which I’ve uploaded separately in readiness for German Ebay.

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t205/isobars/w210%20ebay%20orig/

One owner until 110k, then one for another 7k, followed by the chap I bought it from who bought it from a local garage to tide him over whilst his broken left foot healed. I’m selling this and my Landcruiser Amazon because I can’t keep more than two cars on my drive here any more, they’ve started to enforce local bye-laws.

Fuel economy is good, but I have to say, this is not a quick car, however driving at 85 mph or more isn’t a problem, it just takes a more measured approach to getting there than it’s tearaway turbo brother.

There is one decent ding on the driver door, clearly visible on the images, and a faint blow on the flexible element of the exhaust.

Here’s the problem, the car is here with me in Belgium. That said, it might not be too much of a one if anyone is either a smoker, drinker, or both, or knows someone who is either or both. (Failing that, I could get the car back to England during the summer, but I'd need paying first).

I live around 40 minutes from Luxembourg and ten minutes from France – and less than three hours from Calais/Dunkirk.

Cigarettes are 3.50 per packet cheaper in Luxembourg, two UK citizens in a UK car can bring back 160 packets for there own personal use, so 160x2x£3.50 looks like £1120 saved. I won’t mention rolling baccy, but I will mention the price of wine in LIDL or ALDI just down the road in France, it’s dirt cheap, and for the more sophisticated palette, there are plenty of ‘caves’ about. I’ll accompany any shoppers with pleasure, if required.

As to getting here, I could collect you at Luxembourg or Brussels airport, or there’s Eurostar, the fare includes a destination of any station in Belgium. The drive is cheap if you go Norfolk line, or the tunnel is a good deal if you book early enough. I’ll put anyone up overnight, we’ve plenty of room, or there is a nice hotel in my village.

Mot until August, currently sorned.

I’d like £1000 for the car, paid into my UK Bank. I won’t take an offer, sorry.

Please pm any questions.

Cheers,

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom