• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 E55 front splitter

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Managed to tear mine off today going into a new garage to arrange an MOT:doh:
I had the suspension on the lowest setting and the shocks on sport2 and caught the rubber under the front splitter as I went over the crown of a small hill.
Anyone have an idea how much an OEM replacement rubber piece would be?
Don't really want a carbon one although I do like the look of them.

20140503_110811_zps52e96112.jpg
20140503_110822_zpsf755087f.jpg

Last edited:
Have you got a pic of the ripped off bit as the standard bumper does not have a rubber bit, it might be off the lower tray

Ah.......no I haven't got the piece that was broken off. I looked for it after going into the garage but there was nothing in the road at all.

Is the lower tray a replacement part do you know?

lower tray is avail seperately, but not sure which rubber bit you are referring to as if i remember correctly, there isnt anything!

even on the E63 front bumper there is no rubber lip

Rubber trim

The trim you require is attached to under-tray not bumper :thumb:

Think I'll have to visit the parts dept and check on their microfiche the part that has broken away. I know something is missing, but maybe it wasn't rubber:dk:

I cannot see what is broken from the pictures.

Something is missing from the lowest part of the front bumper and there are two holes underneath either side that something was bolted to. Blowed if I know what it was, a lower lip maybe but it doesn't look the same as before.

Wish I'd taken a few more photos head on before the incident.

could be an aftermarket lip, they bolt\screw on

Only thing I can think of are the flaps which hang down on each side, from the plastic wheel arch covers.

Only thing I can think of are the flaps which hang down on each side, from the plastic wheel arch covers.

I think you are correct Major:thumb:
Had a closer look this evening and took a couple of photos from inside the wheel arch. Note the missing pieces of arch liner which corresponds to the two bolt holes under the outside front lip. I think I've torn off both flaps:D

Any idea if these can be bought from Mercedes as separate items to the arch liners?

SNV30558_zpsafd1c9b5.jpg
SNV30559_zps69be9e36.jpg

There are rubber strips at each end of the front under tray, the tray is held on by four bolts underneath and 2 bolts at each side to the wheel arch liner.

^ So I need a new front undertray Paul? Any idea what sort of price these are?

^ So I need a new front undertray Paul? Any idea what sort of price these are?

Sorry I missed the last post with the images, it looks as if you also need the arch liner as well. I will look on EPC tomorrow and send you the part numbers. Might be worth checking with Acid at MSL to see if he has any used ones.

They just normal W211 ones... Just seen a pair listed on eBay recently.

Depends if both sides are damaged on the wheel liner but here are part numbers from EPC

A211 698 01 30 left wheel arch cover
A211 698 02 30 right wheel arch cover
A001 990 60 36 under tray

Undertray says stock in Germany only

you will only need the wheelarchs, they should be the same as any other w211, so 2nd hand ones would be easy to get hold of.

the under tray will cost a bit, about £120 is I rem right for the e63 one I bought

Thanks very much for the info guys.
I will be ordering new front wheel arch liners for both sides using those part #'s. Around £35 each side on ebay new.
The front undertray is still intact and appears undamaged.

Ordered my arch liners from eBay and will fit them next weekend.
Anyone know what fixings are used to hold them in place (torx/phillips screws, bolts) as I will get a few spares before the fitting.?

Finally fitted the wheel arch liners I got from eBay.

Old one:

20140530_155959_zps9352c8fd.jpg

New one:
20140530_164222_zps75adb730.jpg

Hmm I could swear I rotated those photos earlier:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom