• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W213 E63 sale mystery.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
I've been looking on and off for the last couple of months at W213 E63's and this particular car caught my initial interest. Advertised on eBay as a 30k mile saloon, no modifications mentioned and at a dealer with no previous sales history on eBay. This is the car. Note the registration and asking price. This has been on sale since the beginning of May to my knowledge.
Checking the MOT history, I spotted the mileage at almost 40k, not the advertised 30k. Hmmm.

Then earlier this week, I spotted this car for sale on the Facebook AMK UK owners classifieds. The owners location is stated as Rotherham. Notice the mileage and modification? It must be some warranty to cover a Stage 2 modification;)
Untitled.jpg

Zooming in on the registration plate, what do I see? The same plate as the car advertised without modifications, with 30k miles and nearly £5k dearer at a dealer in Nottingham. Now I'm no detective, but I see something amiss.
I have no interest in the car any longer but what do you lot think?

Last edited:
The FB car more than likely does not even exist - if you fancy a day out ask to go and see it in Rotherham.

The first ad says 30k miles, the second says 45k kms.

But the MoT history says that it was 40k miles when tested back in January 2023.

There’s a whiff of the cloven hoof in both adverts

IMG_0572.png

Owned since sept 21
Was advertised in may for £57k with 30k miles

Attachments

• IMG-20230716-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230716-WA0000.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 8
K3 DWO

Posted for anyone (else) who may look at it and Googles it to research it

The FB car more than likely does not even exist - if you fancy a day out ask to go and see it in Rotherham.
I have no interest in the car due to the mileage discrepancies , the fact its modified and interior colour.
I could ask questions in the FB advert but only had I been interested in buying it.

The first ad says 30k miles, the second says 45k kms.

But the MoT history says that it was 40k miles when tested back in January 2023.

There’s a whiff of the cloven hoof in both adverts

View attachment 143492
This is what I checked that raised my suspicions.

Sellers can earn a extra few bob by pushing the mileage back a little, which is dishonest. I think most garages do have easy access to mileage correction services or have equipment the equipment to do this.

Suspension has been lowered which is a good thing and it may well have been tuned too. The colour is simply amazing, just makes the heart melt but shame about the mileage discrepancy 🤷

Oh, the car exists all right, but the FB advertiser doesn't own it. I can't see anybody being taken in by the wording of the ad, though.

This car was at BCA in June same spec. But not sure if it was same plate

Sellers can earn a extra few bob by pushing the mileage back a little, which is dishonest. I think most garages do have easy access to mileage correction services or have equipment the equipment to do this.

Suspension has been lowered which is a good thing and it may well have been tuned too. The colour is simply amazing, just makes the heart melt but shame about the mileage discrepancy 🤷

"Dishonest"...? Don't you mean illegal ? Unless declared, of course .

This car was at BCA in June same spec. But not sure if it was same plate
The car is still being advertised on eBay at a dealer in Retford for £54950
Then today this is posted again
1691359389579.png

The disturbing thing apart from being advertised by three different places (privately, a dealer in Nottingham and one in Lincolnshire at the same time), is the facebook owner asking about cheap parts and showing a photo of a tin of paint being spilt in the passenger footwell!
1691359825165.png
It just screams badly looked after. Very strange sale
Wouldn't touch it.

Hi , years ago a Worcester car dealer use to wind the odometer to 0000 and stated ( these are my words not theirs ) we have no way to check how accurate the mileage was when we purchased the car so we reset the odometer.

Not so much a mystery, but something to aware of when looking for a car.
It really does pay to check the ad's for the car you are looking at and pay a lot of attention to details.

This W213 E63S caught my eye some time back, but the fact it was in Bradford and had been remapped put me off.
Pity, as the colour scheme was just what I wanted. It was being sold at the time for an asking price of £51995.
Here is the advert
Check the photo of the n/s exhaust position below.
8c9af0cf00814e4ca6efb10f86960100.jpg

Fast forward to yesterday and what do I see. Same car has moved to another dealer in Leeds who is looking to make a cheeky £3k more than the Bradford dealer. Its the same car. Check the exhaust in the pic below.
This is the eBay ad from Leeds.

And that exhaust pipe!
s-l1600.jpg

I got pretty interested until I saw it was firstly for sale in Bradford (sorry but that's a no go area for me for buying a car) and then it had been remapped. I'm non too keen on any more trips to Leeds either considering my last wasted trip there for the S204.
But diligent research and checking the ad's for discrepancies and sudden price changes for the same car should ring alarm bells.

This one is nowhere near as interesting as the ads for K3DWO though.
Currently on sale in 3 different locations and prices.

I can not believe that anyone with £50k plus to spend on a car would buy from this sort of seller on ebay. It is good that they "except" all major cards I suppose and the "approved" plates held on with rubber bands must appeal to someone.
For this car to have ended up at this end of the retail market tells you that there is something in its past waiting to be discovered.....

Well spotted Roger, its definitely the same car 💯 Bank 2 exhaust looks really wonky.

Do you want one with sport seats? Managed to sat in one at recent meet, noticed it was slightly harder compared to w212 and more so compared to S211. Managed to speak to a few owners at Beaulieu too, surprised most had said its very comfortable even on long journeys, so I think it really depends on individual 🙂

Well spotted Roger, its definitely the same car 💯 Bank 2 exhaust looks really wonky.

Do you want one with sport seats? Managed to sat in one at recent meet, noticed it was slightly harder compared to w212 and more so compared to S211. Managed to speak to a few owners at Beaulieu too, surprised most had said its very comfortable even on long journeys, so I think it really depends on individual 🙂
Whilst almost everyone loves the look of he those seats, comfort-wise they divide opinion like Marmite.

"Megenta" (sic) metallic? "Beigh" seats? Colour-blind and semi-literate too...

what you will find is with £50K + cars and areas known for high crime (Bradford, London, brum) sellers will let third party resellers take pics and advertise the car whilst the owner still uses it. This gives the buyer some security of not having front doors bashed in for keys or car being stolen on a test drive, let alone endless tyre kickers as its then all arranged by the third party reseller.

has its pro's and con's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom