• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W221 S65 on AT

ube63

Car
W212 E63 6.2
This is a low asking price for one of these but this one has been changing hands through several auctions in the last 2-3 years. Is this car known to anyone here? Why has it been a hot potato?

Looks great and seems like decent value :cool:, but to a lot of people these are old cars now - 16 years old with rusty brake pipes etc. Performance and spec was the appeal back in the day but limited appeal now with £735 PA road tax and potential eye watering bills with low mpg etc.

I guess they’re not on most people’s radar? :)

Still a lot of high spec, low mileage car for £20k though :thumb:

I would never buy any car with wax oiled or undersealed brake pipes.....Its not safe as you cant see the corrosion.....and worse still, since MOT testers cant remove the covering, it will probably pass the test even with rusty pipes with nothing more than a "break pipes covered in grease or other substance" advisory.

I’m surprised as well that an S65AMG is up for such little money!

Yes, they are VERY expensive car to maintain properly but that’s no surprise as it’s still a £180k car to maintain. You might get them cheap now but I don’t think this cars should be run on a budget. You can’t expect it to be as cheap as V6 or a V8 Mercedes but for me, the S65 is one of the best saloon cars Mercedes has ever made.

This S65 is one of the lowest spec S65 I’ve ever seen. Apart from the interior colour, I don’t think it has any other extras, I don’t think it even has Harmon kardon and you see that even on some S320 CDI. Anyone looking to get an S65 W221 I’m sure the spec is also important because apart from the engine, the options/features was what made this cars stand out from the rest of other Mercedes.

I don’t just say this because I own an S65 myself but I cannot even find the words to describe how it feels to drive one of this car and I don’t mean just the performance. It just feels special.
Any petrol head that has an opportunity to buy a V12, just go for it. Go with your eyes open and be realistic that it will cost to run and just like every other car out there, they have their problems but if you get a good one, you’ll love owning one.

Don’t forget, Mercedes sold only 71 S65AMG’s in total and from one site, apparently there’s only 42 left in the uk. 27 taxed and 15 sorned. It’s not often you get to see one on the road

Nice looking motor but limited market appeal for a black limo. Compare to a Diana spec W140.

A very nice SL600 failed to find a new home yesterday with bids only halfheartedly reaching £13k, and that’s a much more popular and pretty high days and holidays 15mpg V12.

Well made cars and a joy to drive but limited market because of its colour, maintenance cost and age.

After reading previous auction ads, seems like misplaced service history from 2009 to 2016 is driving down price of this particular car

After reading previous auction ads, seems like misplaced service history from 2009 to 2016 is driving down price of this particular car
Surely MB will have the records? Not sure on a 2008 car but the DSB came out not long after this :)

I would never buy any car with wax oiled or undersealed brake pipes.....Its not safe as you cant see the corrosion.....and worse still, since MOT testers cant remove the covering, it will probably pass the test even with rusty pipes with nothing more than a "break pipes covered in grease or other substance" advisory.
Interesting opinion, something I'd not thought of previously. Thanks for sharing 🤝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom