wanted original front driver side wing for W124 1985 - 1995

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not to worry , its was me silly billy I have a search box on the top with a box in it - enter reader view must have hovered over it it and it changed the words so they were very small. .And as it was showing 60 % it caught my eye . So i clicked on it ., sorted

Here's a photo of where the mudflaps will go. The width of the plastic panel's return into the wheel house is 16 mm. The mud flap looks like it secures to the plastic panels not the guard as such, although I have not fitted them yet.

Mk 1 124's are different in this area and Bruce's car looks to be a Mk 1 car. Mine's April/May 1996 a Mk 3 124.

Attachments

• P1000201 - Copy.JPG
    P1000201 - Copy.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 15
Here's a photo of where the mudflaps will go. The width of the plastic panel's return into the wheel house is 16 mm. The mud flap looks like it secures to the plastic panels not the guard as such, although I have not fitted them yet.

Mk 1 124's are different in this area and Bruce's car looks to be a Mk 1 car. Mine's April/May 1996 a Mk 3 124.

Mine is a very early MKI 1987 with no SACO Panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WDB This is not like mine, may be thats the reason .I have no saco or planking as some call them on my car so mk1. But then the wing has the repeater hole in for mk1 wing . Dont know how you would fit them to the one in the picture ..The mud flap has this grove down the rear with clearance for the wing .Then you drill through the pre - made hole on the mud flaps. When the flap is in place and you use the pre-made hole to drill in it to it goes through center of the wing flange . Thats how it was fixed on to the other wing.I dont like drilling new wings but lots of preservative in there before screwing it up tight, is the best bet.

WDB This is not like mine, may be thats the reason .I have no saco or planking as some call them on my car so mk1. But then the wing has the repeater hole in for mk1 wing . Dont know how you would fit them to the one in the picture ..The mud flap has this grove down the rear with clearance for the wing .Then you drill through the pre - made hole on the mud flaps. When the flap is in place and you use the pre-made hole to drill in it to it goes through center of the wing flange . Thats how it was fixed on to the other wing.I dont like drilling new wings but lots of preservative in there before screwing it up tight, is the best bet.
As far as Im aware,there's not drilling involved to fit the mud flap

d w124 you have the face lift model dont you .So i have removed the wings a few times now , and the mud flaps are fitted on with screws . The picture of your W124 c will that have mud flaps ? I dont see any in the picture .images.jpg

I don’t have them on either of my cars as they’re far from original to have them but
I have sold enough of them,as a matter of fact I posted a set today

wdb if my car wings had no flaps, it would be fine by me i dont like drilling holes . But the flaps came on my car from new. Look silly with three on .

Just as I thought

Attachments

• D85D7D1A-9A02-4430-80A6-853A6A40E6D4.jpeg
    D85D7D1A-9A02-4430-80A6-853A6A40E6D4.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 11
Sorry stwat but you wont get a u /clamp on them. Please look at the picture above it said screws . No way will you fit these with u clamps
All the ones I’ve seen are fitted with U clamps
Please see attached the exact set as what you have

Attachments

• 1873E7AF-C077-4E15-8D4F-6E1D60C7C799.jpeg
    1873E7AF-C077-4E15-8D4F-6E1D60C7C799.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 1C5E0E8C-AE04-4275-808F-7DBC4CE5D3EB.jpeg
    1C5E0E8C-AE04-4275-808F-7DBC4CE5D3EB.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 13
  • D01D5286-2BF5-4B93-BC5A-06744E4A8E39.jpeg
    D01D5286-2BF5-4B93-BC5A-06744E4A8E39.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 13
d w please i know that some of them might fit with clamps .But my car never had clams to start with, so to change all 4 again is not what i want to do,and i would not do it anyway .Reason is so many get lost in the snow, as the clamps just get pulled off with the loss of the flap .And i still say your not able to fit the type of mud flap, i have on my wing, with those big u clamps.

Did you find the star on your replacement wing by any chance?

I really can't comment on the earlier cars because I have no experience with them, I have a set of flaps here to fit my car but haven't got round to it yet. Unfortunately they don't have the nice white star like the ones above that I really like. The later ones have raised black star only.
Anybody know if the Sacco ones are supposed to be fitted with u clamps too...?

OP it may be that the Dealer that fitted yours used screws rather than u clamps, can you get a picture of the edge of the wheel house like I did with mine to show the different between what you have on the car now and the replacement wing they recently sent...??

WDB . No marking other than a number 1 stamp anyone could have banged that on there .Stamps are easy to get hold of but the star stamp i dont think so . The flaps i have fitted do show the star in white .A picture would be best .But the car is under wraps right now . As i will be removing the covers soon for the mot visit,, so i will take a picture then..

This is how they look on the saco newer mk2 ool.jpgThe part numbers are MB 66 52 8132 FRONT and MB 66 52 8134 REAR Must say they do look up market to those fitted on my mk1 .These do fit with u clamps no screws.

I've just been into my Aladdin's cave of goodies for the 124 and found a set of flaps and fitting instructions.

They are fitted with clamps that are not the U clamps above but look similar. They fit into molded recesses in the flap, fourteen per car set.

There are four screws as well, so the answer is both clamps and screws are used for the Sacco cars.

Attachments

• P1000212 - Copy.JPG
    P1000212 - Copy.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 11
  • P1000213 - Copy.JPG
    P1000213 - Copy.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 13
  • P1000214 - Copy.JPG
    P1000214 - Copy.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 9
  • P1000215 - Copy.JPG
    P1000215 - Copy.JPG